cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working

guyK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New here, had trouble with some messaging, started a chat and it said to remove and replace sim card, after that nothing worked. tried all settings and one was "awaiting activation".

9 REPLIES 9

guyK

Thanks guys, removing  the actual sim card solved the issue.

hi @Robynesar 

yes, OP is using esim.  But we don't need to do the convert process on iPhone

Not sure if OP is new to PM and just activated a PM esim or change from PM phsyical sim to esim, but process is the same.  Just install the esim using PM app or scan the QR code and make sure the esim is set as primary and "turn on this line" is set.  There is no need to "Tap Convert to eSIM"

Robynesar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s odd since he says he removed the card I would assume it’s because he’s going from a physical card to eSIM otherwise why would he have a physical one?

HI @Robynesar 

i don't think this applies here

For PM eSIM, there is no "conversion" from physical to eSIM.  What people needs to do is simply install the PM esim either via the app or by scanning the QR code.  No need to do what it said there

Robynesar

This happened to me if he’s going from a SIM card to eSIM, it depends on which iPhone.

here is the article with the instructions : https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780

Also here:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular.
  2. Tap Convert to eSIM. If you don't see Convert to eSIM, your carrier doesn't support this option. ...
  3. Tap Convert Cellular Plan.
  4. Tap Convert to eSIM.
  5. Wait for your eSIM to activate. ...
  6. Remove the physical SIM from your iPhone.

HI @guyK 

can you make and receive calls?  is data working?

if only sms or iMessage does not work, try to remove the phone number from iMessage settings, then reboot the phone and put the number back.  It will re-register and should work

Robynesar

Yes I had that issue to you have to go to your settings and change over the sim to the e-sim. Did you figure out how? If not I’ll post the instructions I found on google. 

guyK

Thanks. Yes iPhone but the public mobile is an e-sim? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @guyK 

are you using iPhone?

Try your sim in another phone if possible.  Check the sim can connects to the network.   If it does, check both outbound calls and inbounds

if nothing work,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437    

Need Help? Let's chat.