cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not making or receiving calls

kenhilman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just switched from Koodo, now my phone isn't a phone.

11 REPLIES 11

@kenhilman wrote:

i signed up for auto pay.just did the switch 30min ago

@kenhilman  There is a chance that your account was not provisioned properly. Best to contact the PM moderator team to investigate.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@kenhilman wrote:

I have just switched from Koodo, now my phone isn't a phone.

@kenhilman 

I'm going to go against what most people here were saying, and say that this absolutely is not a porting issue, or at the very least, not just a porting issue.  There still could be one, but there is also something else going on.  A port that is not completed would not prevent you from making phone calls.  Even a porting rqeuest that has failed would not prevent outgoing phone calls.  When a number portability request is made, Public Mobile automatically assigns this phone number to your account, before the other carrier has even had time to respond.  As such, the ability to make phone calls would work immediately.  Incoming calls are a different story.   

He has told us. He said "everything else is fine"

Porting from Koodo could take a few hours to finalize. (Not sure if it depends on prepaid or postpaid)

Port is in stages as per another thread

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account already so that you can call out and use data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider

So it seems like you're halfway through the port as you said all else is working (text/data)

If you did port 30 minutes ago at hour mark restart phone and try your calls

Or as dunkman suggested put Koodo sim back in. If you can call with it..it's still porting .when you're not able to call anymore with Koodo sim then port is complete and pop PM sim in

@kenhilman 

Your port likely still is ongoing.  You should be able to make outgoing calls + text though.  

You could put in your Koodo SIM card and use it for now.  Once the Koodo SIM card stops working, then you can try the PM SIM card again.  

@kenhilman wrote:

everything else seems to to be ok

But what is not working? You have't told us that yet. 

Port has not completed then yet. Give it sometime.

Also you should restart your phone and try again

kenhilman

everything else seems to to be ok

kenhilman

i signed up for auto pay.just did the switch 30min ago

So you ported number from Koodo. How long ago did you port number?

Does anything work on your phone at the moment? Text Incoming/Outgoing? Data?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kenhilman 

When did you try to port the number?  Usually Koodo post paid ports are done quickly since both Koodo and PM belong to Telus.  

Is your Koodo account prepaid?  If prepaid, you will need moderator help for port.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kenhilman What do you mean your "phone isn't a phone". Do you mean it not working? Do you have any signal? Did you port in your number during activation? Please provide more details so we can assist you better. 

Need Help? Let's chat.