cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password issues

Ben2592
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I forgot my password and when I try to reset it, it keeps saying incorrect password format.  What does that mean what characters can I not use in a password or does it mean something else.  This is just a pain cus I'm trying to submit a ticket to the moderator team and I can't cus I can't get the info needed to submit it from self serve.

13 REPLIES 13

coryl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was having this issue (I didn't forget my password, just wanted to change/update it) and I wasn't going to try getting in touch with a mod, so I troubleshooted it myself. Here's a possible solution for you to try: a password with 6 - 20 characters, and at least one digit.

The webpage says:

Try a combination of numbers, symbols and both upper and lower case letters.

* It must contain a minimum of 6 characters, including at least one digit.

* No spaces are allowed.

* It cannot be similar to your username, email or security question/answer.

* Difficult to guess (e.g. NOT "123456")

This password must ALSO be a maximum of 20 characters. This is not noted in the page and really needs to be. I like my long passwords and had to trim it down to 20 characters to successfully reset my password. That was the only change I made and the "error" went away.

The line about "try a combination of..." confused me because I didn't know if those were required, but they're not - just the digit, minimum of 6 characters, and the hidden maximum of 20 characters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ben2592 : SIM's are entirely portable. Just take both out of each phone and put the Public Mobile in the old one. You might need the different frame sizes if you kept the parts.

Edit: And depending on how old the phone is, you might need to get Bell to unlock it.

Ben2592

no I can't my old phone has a bell sim card and the new phone has the public mobile one

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ben2592 : But again, why do you think you need to go back to Bell? A phone is just a piece of hardware to run a SIM in. You can use your old phone here just as well as at Bell.

Ben2592

I've done that now thank you.

@Ben2592 wrote:

no and they don't tell me what characters aren't allowed so i just have to guess.  Unless it's stored somewhere I didn't see.

Hi @Ben2592 were you able to send a Private Message to the Moderator_Team to get something going in the right direction?

@Ben2592 wrote:

I did that and it worked but then I needed to verify my message to the mods and it wouldn't accept pin so i had to use the verify by account method.  But I need to sign into my self serve account for my account number which is one of the things needed for it; which is where I'm stuck cus my new password gets rejected due to invalid characters so i can't change it.

Please go the route of sending a private message to the moderator team.  This bypasses the ticketing system which is generally not the recommended way.  But when you are stuck, it is the only way.  

Ben2592

no and they don't tell me what characters aren't allowed so i just have to guess.  Unless it's stored somewhere I didn't see.

@Ben2592 wrote:

I did that and it worked but then I needed to verify my message to the mods and it wouldn't accept pin so i had to use the verify by account method.  But I need to sign into my self serve account for my account number which is one of the things needed for it; which is where I'm stuck cus my new password gets rejected due to invalid characters so i can't change it.

Are you trying to put blank spaces in your password?  Passwords need to be continuous and websites ofen have a list of charcaters that aren't permitted.

Ben2592

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ben2592 wrote:

I forgot my password and when I try to reset it, it keeps saying incorrect password format.  What does that mean what characters can I not use in a password or does it mean something else.  This is just a pain cus I'm trying to submit a ticket to the moderator team and I can't cus I can't get the info needed to submit it from self serve.

@Ben2592 

I suppose the password reset is not clear on their rules of what is needed when you go to change it? That is unfortunate.

You can create a ticket using Your Community Email and Password.

Or are you getting deeper into the ticket process and it is asking you for your Self Serve password? You should not have to provide this...what is someone forgot their password and is not able to reset it (well, like yourself).

You can also submit a ticket with the Moderators using this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ben2592 : If you successfully got a reset password email then the instructions in there say:

Your new password needs to be a combination of letters and numbers and at least 6 characters long.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.