cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

ab5791
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was charged 3x for a plan upgrade $44.80 was charged to my account 3x. how do i get a refund?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ab5791 - were these credit card transactions you are seeing (you said bank, so not sure if these appear the same)...

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges.

Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it turns out it was charged 3 times you cab leave it in and your card wouldn't get charged again until August as the available balance will cover future renewals until then 

ab5791
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Dunkman @darlicious thanks for your reply i will check the self serve account later. its actually my husband's but we have joint bank account so i saw the charges. have a good day!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ab5791 

How do the charges appear in your transaction history? Is there 3 top up amounts of $40 and plan charges of one 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and one 5GB AT 3G SPEED....$30? Do you also see $80 in your available funds? Or did you just activate and you only see one set of plan charges in your transaction history and $0 in your available funds with only the three charges of $44.80 on your credit card? If it's the former it's best to just leave it and your next two renewals are paid for but if it's the latter then you need to contact customer support to either credit your account or process a refund. Have your card statement available for the CSA if you require a refund/credit.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ab5791 

Do you see extra funds in your available balance in your self service account?  If so, you can use the extra funds for future plan payments.  

Otherwise, you will need to submit ticket for customer service agent help. It normally takes several weeks for Public mobile to refund payment to your credit card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.