cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

abc_joon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You charged me with $22.05 the same as written on the original contract till last April 22, 2024. However, you charged $26.25 on May 22, 2024. But I've never asked you that I would change my plan. I cannot understand why this happened.

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@abc_joon 

Perhaps you can screenshot that written contract?

Would like to see it ... 

joseywales
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

auto pay was pending on MC......

PM cut off service,had to repay to get connected,and was charged double for month of may.

Still trying to straighten that out.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@abc_joon   I'm guessing you are on the $25 plan and were getting $ rewards automatically deducted.  That reward system  has changed now to a points system, so going forward you will be paying the original full cost of your plan while collecting points that you can redeem for bill credits and discounted add ons when you have enough.  But if indeed your plan is the $25 with 1GB data at 3G speed, you can change it to the new $19 1GB plan at 4G speed that is available if you log in to your account.  Make sure to select "change on renewal" and not "change now" so that you don't forfeit what you just paid on this renewal.

@abc_joon wrote:

You charged me with $22.05 the same as written on the original contract till last April 22, 2024. However, you charged $26.25 on May 22, 2024. But I've never asked you that I would change my plan. I cannot understand why this happened.

Your plan didn't change.  A customers were changed from rewards to points.  With points, there is no automatically redeemed discount. For bill credits, points need to be redeemed manually in 15 point increments.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@abc_joon 

Are you on $25 plan? if so, you might be able to get the savings back.  But let me tell you what the actual issue is

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $25-1GB plan, you might be able to get the lost money back.  PM is offering existing subscribers a $19-1GB plan.  It is pretty much the same $25 -1GB plan, except it is better, it has 4G speed instead of 3G.   With it being just $19, you can recover the lost reward savings from the change of the reward system.  You might want to login to My Account and schedule a plan change to this $19 plan using Change on Renewal option

Need Help? Let's chat.