cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged this month and would like to find out why, help please?

stevie77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am normally charged $38.42 per month but all of a sudden started getting charged $45.20 just this month and have no idea why. How to find out why?

18 REPLIES 18

stevie77

I don't have time to be answering questions and earning points. Also, the stars have finally aligned and I was offered $30/mnth 35 gb with a random call from rogers tonight, which im gonna take.  thanks again softech

@stevie77  not sure why you don't see you saving money. 

PM's plan price is pretty much same as other providers.  However, you are getting 5% back in points, which is 5% saving over the same plan with other carriers

Also, Community is a great place to help and earn more rewards.  By just points questions and answer others, you can save 1 to 15 points ($1 to $15) every month.  With all the questions you have, you likely have earned 1 Point already

But if you want to cancel your plan, you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number

Or you can disable the toggle "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment instead.  Once it is disabled, PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

To disable Pre-Authorized payments (Turn off Subscribed) , you can do it by one of the following:

stevie77

Ok thanks you for your time and help/info.  I guess I should have never used my points since it doesn't save money in the 'long' run.

Can you direct me on how to cancel my phone service please?

@stevie77 

yes.  $45.20 from now on

But every once in a while, you have 15 points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit and you will be charged ($40-$15) + tax 

Enjoy Public Points

stevie77

Will I now be charged 45.20 every month going forward?

@stevie77 wrote:

This is the 1st time I'm learning of Legacy rewards and Public points. Maybe I've got some learning to do, I am lost atm.

After checking some old credit card bills dating back to Dec 2022.
I was charged 39.55 from dec 2022 to april 2022
then 38.42 from june 2023 to oct 2023

@stevie77 

$39.55 = $35 + tax

$38.42 = $34+tax you got an extra $1 from the loyalty rewards

If you are charged $45.20 on Nov 2023 onwards, then you changed to Public Points around that time.

You can go into Rewards portal and check the points history and see how many points you earned for each month since you joined

stevie77

This is the 1st time I'm learning of Legacy rewards and Public points. Maybe I've got some learning to do, I am lost atm.

After checking some old credit card bills dating back to Dec 2022.
I was charged 39.55 from dec 2022 to april 2022
then 38.42 from june 2023 to oct 2023

@stevie77 

so, you are aware you changed to Public Points as early as Feb 2023?  So, all good?  The "normally charged $38.42 per month"  that was before Feb 2023 I guess?  From the payment points of view, everything is correct then.

stevie77

I also noticed that I received $3 Tenure and $2 ATU on my rewards account from Feb 2023 to Sept 2023. I don't know what those are about but I'll happily take those credits.
I used my free points for towards a $15 bill credit during Oct, Nov, Dec and just today for Feb.

@stevie77 

if you are receiving points, you shouldn't be getting discounts with your plan renewal unless you redeemed points for bill credit

When did you change from Legacy rewards to Public Points?  Seems like before Jan 24.  Check also payment history, it might show you as long as a year (or might be showing just last 3 months now, seems like a recent glitch).  Check when PM start charging you $45.20 ($40+tax) and stopped the monthly rewards credit on the day before renewal

But to me, since you are receiving points, it looks to me everything is correct

stevie77

Ok so I have points available to me in the points portal.

I received 3 points from Public on January 24....I usually receive 2.25 points/month.

@stevie77 that's 40+tax vs 34+tax.  Look to me you might have changed the rewards program from legacy to public points.   Check My Account, click Rewards page and the go to Rewards portal, check if everything showing points or $ there

While you are there, check also payment history.  Confirm if you really didn't get the $6 rewards credit added to your account on the day before renewal , or if you get less in friend referral credit compare with previous months 

stevie77

No I never did any self-suspending.

@stevie77 

did you recently Resume your service after self-Suspending it ?

stevie77

No I never received that type of offer, and I have been with Public for over 5 yrs now, so I guess that type of thing would have ended long ago.

stevie77

No

@stevie77 wrote:

I am normally charged $38.42 per month but all of a sudden started getting charged $45.20 just this month and have no idea why. How to find out why?

Have you requested a change from a $34 plan to a $40 plan?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@stevie77 

when you initially started your PM account, were you given a few months at a reduced rate and now they've expired ?

Need Help? Let's chat.