cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged my account

David16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account payment was set for auto-payment. on Jan.15, 2021, charged my credit card $8.96, but in my account payment record is $8.00. same as on Feb.14, charged $14.56, but in my account record is $13.00. So, my account was overcharged $0.96+$1.56=$2.52. Please give this amount back to my credit card and don't overcharge me again. Thank you. David.

4 REPLIES 4

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@David16 As others have noted you do have to pay tax on the charge so although the plan renewed with $8, to add that your CC was charged $8 PLUS tax. Paying tax is the norm.

@David16 

I'm afraid if you want those monies back you would have to file your tax return and see if your income qualifies you for a gst refund. Provincial taxes are harder to acquire a refund its best just to pay them.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David16 wrote:

My account payment was set for auto-payment. on Jan.15, 2021, charged my credit card $8.96, but in my account payment record is $8.00. same as on Feb.14, charged $14.56, but in my account record is $13.00. So, my account was overcharged $0.96+$1.56=$2.52. Please give this amount back to my credit card and don't overcharge me again. Thank you. David.

@David16  hi your cc is charged taxes!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@David16 

Public Mobile charges taxes which are on top of plan amounts and payments showing on their self-serve pages.

That's what the 'extra' charges are.  

This is a common question and good on you for observing this - means you're paying attention.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.