cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation troubles

hbn3141
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my public mobile account (obviously not my community account) got deleted since I didn't pay for a while. Now I'm trying to reactivate and create a new account, but it says the sim card isn't valid. Is it not possible to reuse a sim card you used before if your account got deleted?

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

if you account was suspended for over 90 days, you account will be deactivated.

Old SIM could not be reused, you need to get a new SIM to create another account

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hbn3141 wrote:

So my public mobile account (obviously not my community account) got deleted since I didn't pay for a while. Now I'm trying to reactivate and create a new account, but it says the sim card isn't valid. Is it not possible to reuse a sim card you used before if your account got deleted?

@hbn3141 

Has it been suspended for more than 90 days...if so, sorry.

After 90 days of non-payment, your account/SIM card will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@hbn3141 wrote:

Sorry, but SIM cards cannot be reused for a new account. You'll need to purchase a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.