Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged every 10 days

canuk99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

62 REPLIES 62

@canuk99 

If you missed the reply from the CSA they will have closed your support request after 48 hours. With Simple--Simon on the fritz you have to contact customer support via private message. Include the previous screenshots that had been in this thread (they remain private when sent in private messages) in your message and include as much detail as possible. Keep checking back in today for a reply. Use the link in the spoiler below and enter "Urgent : Triple charged glitch $1600 overpayment" in the subject line.

@Melinda_H 

Can you ensure this customer gets the proper customer support for this egregious glitch in pm's payment system! thx

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less if you are able to supply all of the necessary info to avoid having to verify again via a link or text message sent to you by the CSA. 

Hopefully pm fixes this glitch sooner than later and cranks out an official announcement that the fix is in!! Be sure to choose an appropriate heading for the Subject Line that summarizes your issue.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You have messaged a CSA and no response? They won’t answer here. You know where to look for the response, correct? The little envelope upper right corner. The first reply will be to ask some account verification questions.

AE_Collector

canuk99

Sir it has been a few weeks now with no response, there is bad service and then there is this bad faith, or incompetency?

canuk99

I do not recall a plan change, I may of added more data though

@Lieux 

Ok good....I had missed those last few posts by the OP so I'm glad your eagle eyes were out and about.

@darlicious  I already did it too.

@Lieux 

Apparently CSA's can remove them from the profile library. Do you want to contact them or shall I?

@canuk99  No personal information in this public forum. You can click on your avatar and in your profile click on the pictures to erase the last one from your account that I have removed in your last message.

@esjliv 

Somehow it seems to have at least partially turned into the old 10 day plan. In the “olden days” at PM there weren’t loyalty rewards and someone mentioned that the 10 day plans didn’t get Autopay rewards. So some of that may not be too messed up all things considered but of course the whole thing is one big overall mess.

AE_Collector. 

@canuk99  -  did you send a ticket to CSAs to get something started with them?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

There does seem to be more questions than answers here...

• looking at that screen shot you posted:
    • where is the loyalty reward if the earliest charges went back at least to April 2020?
    • where is the autopay reward if this is automatically charging a card
    • where are your More than Merrier Christmas free addons? Do you recall receiving a text about free minutes and data addon Public Mobile gave away in December? Sorry, but it ended yesterday. So, forgot I said anything about that. 😞
    • the account is currently listed lost/stolen, was that just listed that way? I am curious if charges were charged while the account was in this state.

@canuk99 

That explains that part of the puzzle, that makes sense.

AE_Collector

canuk99

the amount changes as that is is US dollar card account and as the exchange rates varies so do the draft.  But I'm certain the PM amount remained the same..

@canuk99 do you recall you were trying to change plan in April 2020?  I don't meant you caused that, just wondering what triggered the system to change your plan suddenly..

canuk99

I have reached  out to my mother in-law and my father to have them review their charges.  I will let you know if theirs also changed?

canuk99

canuk99_1-1641087321445.png

you can see that the billing was correct for mar 18/2020 to apr 12/2021. then on April 22 they start drafting ever 10 days.????

Edited Name and Email on the picture. No personal information. Lieux.

@canuk99 

So I can’t help wondering…. What about the other two accounts that were started around the same time? All normal over there? 

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@canuk99 

Well you definitely get the award for craziest glitch of 2021!

Craziest Glitch of 2020 AND 2021 that came to light in 2022.

AE_Collector

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Why is the amount always different as well?  THis is a very strange one for sure!!

That was my first thought looking at each charge…. Why is almost every one a little bit different than the previous one? Nothing about this fits the normal scenario at PM. Well, except maybe the “If something can go wrong… it will” part.

AE_Collector

@softech wrote:

Anyone can confirm if there is really a grandfather plan $40/10 days?  that certainly a "Rich man" plan..

This really makes me wonder...  I'm pretty certain Public Mobile will make this right if it's an account set-up error.

@canuk99 , can you do us a favor?   Can you click on the Plan Details section of your self-serve and screenshot all the details there (personal info aside)

Also, would you (by chance) have the Welcome to Public Mobile activation e-mail still in the original e-mail that you used to activate.

Might you screenshot that as well (again, removing all personal information)

Anyone can confirm if there is really a grandfather plan $40/10 days?  that certainly a "Rich man" plan..

@softech 

Holy cow! You're right! That also means there is a fair amount of rewards likely missing as well! But this is about $1600 of overages in that time period.

@canuk99 

It looks like your account caught COVID-19! Lol....sorry but I couldn't resist.😁

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@canuk99 

Forget 2021 this could be an ALL time winner

as it was a problem since April 2020, $120/30 days, this could be the biggest "jackpot" in PM history ever.. LoL

@canuk99   you have been charged that long?

do you recall you tried to change plan around that time?  I am not saying you pick $40 / 10 days plan, I am just curious if that triggered the change Plan option and PM changed it to an old plan by mistakes

@darlicious wrote:

@canuk99 

Forget 2021 this could be an ALL time winner

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@canuk99 

Why is the amount always different as well?  THis is a very strange one for sure!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@canuk99 wrote:

so the overcharging began April 22/2020, up to that time the auto bill was monthly:

with no intervention from me:

canuk99_0-1641075097089.png

@canuk99  you're right, does not look up to snuff.

We are all customers like you so we cannot make changes /corrections to your account.

I would send those screenshots in your tickets to Customer Support Agents.

@canuk99 

What is your provincial tax rate? It looks as though the system has been subtracting the $5 10 day charge from the $35 plan cost and charging $28 ($30 - $2 Autopay) in April and then a month or so later dropped the autopay reward altogether. Then later started charging you $35+tax. The tax rate looks like just gst....are you in Alberta?

Edit:

I could be wrong on just gst or the autopay reward....but hey none of this makes sense....?!!🤔 

canuk99

canuk99_0-1641075142947.png

starts April 22 2020

Need Help? Let's chat.