cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oneplus August update data nomore

lamyamyamy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Im thinking of switching over, but is anyone having issues with data after the latest (August 2921) OnePlus update? I was fine on my Nord 10 until a week ago with its latest update. Have you seen any disruptions to data service aka no longer connects?

I am currently on Koodo.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

lamyamyamy

I'm going to try this, thank you!

@lamyamyamy   I forgot if you have done  this yet.. test with SIM from Different providers.. Telus, PM or even Rogers, Fido and see if it works at all.

It is possible the update somehow mess up the SIM slot.  

But of course, it is not working with Koodo now, so.. you have nothing to loose to first factory reset and try with Koodo sim as well as other SIMs

lamyamyamy

I might have to do a factory reset tonight.

But ideally, if no one on PM is having issues i'd just jump ship now and activate a SIM.

Being the same carrier as Telus/Koodo, just a subsidiary of it, what do you think the changes are of it having the same issue?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

...again , confirm if the APN is correct after the upgrade.  Some Telus users with Nord is that they cannot update of save the setting, check this link and hope it helps

1+ nord telus apn fix - OnePlus Community

if you are not comfortable with changing it youself, get a friend to help.. or go to Koodo store.  

@lamyamyamy   are you still with Koodo?  did you open a ticket with Koodo and see if anything they can do?

yes, you might need to re-add APN manually.. no worry, it's not scary.. worst case, go to a Koodo store and rep might be able to help.

Also, have you don't any network reset?   Another thing, I know you don't want to do it.. maybe a Factory reset?  Yes, sometimes after a problematic OS update, you do need a Factory reset to get things working again.  It is painful.. but it might be necessary.

lamyamyamy

I have no clue. I have seen other people trying to fix it and found all this stuff to be able to add APN but that's way beyond my comfort level. Plus I shouldn't need to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lamyamyamy : This may be obvious by now but did the update blow out the APN settings and then disable the ability to add one?

lamyamyamy

I have connected with OP customer service and working with them but I'm still curious to see if people are having the issue here.

I haven't considered reddit, I'll take a look, thanks.

lamyamyamy

No, but thank you. This was at the beginning of the year and was fixed - I've been using my OP phone on Koodo with no issues.

The latest update was last week which has newly interrupted data service. I'm hoping no one has issues with PM and a transfer would be seemless

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lamyamyamy , is this the concern?  According to the article, there are solutions.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/01/19/hold-off-buying-oneplus-nord-telus-issue/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you check reddit??   how about Oeplus support?? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.