cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number will not accept anonymous calls

kevinandj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just tried calling someone back who left a message and I get a message saying the "number you are trying to reach will not accept anonymous calls?"  Any ideas on what this is or more importanlty how to fix it?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@kevinandj wrote:

Thanks for the repsonse.  You sent an article that pertains to Telus customers right?  I am a Public Mobile customer and have no idea how to set my caller ID options.  Further to my problem, i tired using *82 in front of the number I am calling and Publci Mobile now has a message saying talk is not included in my plan when it clealrty is in my account.  How do I get some help from Public Mobile here, this sucks.

Exactly why I posted the suggestion is that there's a feature allowing the recipient to block your call.  Concerning caller ID and block, are you thinking about this feature?

https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/3459196?hl=en

On *82, I am not sure Public Mobile works with this code.

No need to do multiple posts... 

Your answer is right over here and there... 

kathleenlila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your caller ID may be turned off. If you have an iPhone, go to your settings and scroll down to "Phone". After clicking on "Phone", click on "Show My Caller ID". Make sure it is turned on and the button is green. If you still need support from Public Mobile, head over to this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/... to contact a moderator.

kevinandj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the repsonse.  You sent an article that pertains to Telus customers right?  I am a Public Mobile customer and have no idea how to set my caller ID options.  Further to my problem, i tired using *82 in front of the number I am calling and Publci Mobile now has a message saying talk is not included in my plan when it clealrty is in my account.  How do I get some help from Public Mobile here, this sucks.

Need Help? Let's chat.