cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number transfer

chenk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, i am a new customer and i am trying to transfer my old number from rogers to public. i received the text message to confirm the transfer from rogers and i replied with "YES". then i received a text from public saying that they are having trouble with transferring my number and its because i entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. it says someone from their team will contact me shortly, but its been an hour already. i submitted a ticket already as well 

10 REPLIES 10

@Owengao   PM does not like the number to be posted here.  But I Messaged you already, please check your Community inbox : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Owengao

That will be great! Where I can find the number to call?

@Owengao   Usually it is better, at least safer, to use account number instead of IMEI.   Please call the number I messaged you.  You can talk to live person and you can provide them the update

Owengao

Thanks for your response. I used IMEI for the transfer. And got the information from public mobile says the the number is incorrect. I am sure the number input was correct. Also I fact there were two IMEI numbers I received IMEI1 and IMEI2. I used IMEI1. Now my phone cannot receive coming call but can make a call out.

Owengao: The green check mark shows that the original person that asked was satisfied with the answer. Did you use the account number or IMEI? The account number is preferred. And did you leave the old sim in? Did you get a text saying there was a problem?

@Owengao   have you receive the text yet? did you reply YES?

There is a number you can call and talk to live support and confirm the porting status.  I will message you the phone number via Community inbox.  Please check the envelope icon on the top right

Owengao

Hi there, I am having the same problem as you had. Have you resolved the problem? If you do, could you please advise me how? Thank you very much in advance. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chenk if you have access to your fido account number that is the best and most failsafe method of porting.

chenk

alright thanks

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@chenk   there is actually a number you can contact and get the porting status.  they will advise yo what to do from here.  I will private message you  on your Community inbox.  Please check the envelope icon on the top right

Need Help? Let's chat.