cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving messages

RileyBettina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I just found out for the past few months I have not been receiving all my text messages. Its been happening for months and I didn't realize it until a few  people spoke up about me not responding to certain massages. The strange thing is I get some messages from certain people but not all. I also can not send photos to certain contacts. And Sometimes I am not receiving phone calls. Someone can leave a message, but it doesn't ring or say I've had a missed call.

12 REPLIES 12

@RileyBettina wrote:

For my phone or my PM account?

HI @RileyBettina 

on your phone.

RileyBettina

For my phone or my PM account?

HI @RileyBettina 

what version of iPhone is that?  what iOS version you have?

And To update Carrier Profile settings, open the Settings app, tap General, and select About. Then, if you see a pop-up asking you to update carrier settings, tap Update. Otherwise, there are no available updates

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RileyBettina  Go into the settings for Messages and check under Send & Receive to make sure your phone number is there and checked.

RileyBettina

My phone won't let me update my IOS. So I guess I should start there?

How do I make sure sure  the Carrier Profile has been updated?

Yes only incoming texts seem to be missing and from Android and other non-iphone users.

I checked me Usage history. The missing messages (I only checked 2) are not recorded. The last phone call i missed is also not there but the person was able to leave a message on my answering machine, which doesn't make sense. 

Thank you!

RileyBettina

Okay. Thank you. It looks like MMS and SMS are enabled. I don have "send as SMS" off though. 

@RileyBettina 

It sounds like you are not receiving or sending MMS (text with photos) and it seems SMS (only text).

Go to Settings>Messages and check if MMS Messaging is enable and also check if Send as SMS is enabled.

HI @RileyBettina 

make sure your iOS is up-to-date and make sure you update the Carrier Profile on the phone

and do you know if the missed text were only from or to  Android users?

and if you are sure when the text were missed and who sent you that, check My Account-> Usage history and see if it recorded there

You can also ask support agent to confirm , but it is better if you can pinpoint on the time and from from them to check.  When you are ready to submit the ticket and provide them those info, please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

RileyBettina

You know what I'm not sure. Truth... I don't know what a SMS vs MMS is?

I do know that I can't send or receive photos from people who don't have iPhones. 

RileyBettina

Thank you for your response.

I've been using PM for years. This missed message thing is new but looks like it has been happening for 6 months plus. I think the port was complete but is there a way to confirm. I definitely closed my old account. 

I'm using an iPhone. 

yes my phone number is correct.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RileyBettina   Which messages are you not receiving, SMS, MMS, iMessage etc.?   Are the missing ones from people on a different system from yours, Android vs. iPhone or vice versa?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RileyBettina 

so, you ported your number into PM?  you sure the port was completed?  Your old account with the old carrier was already closed?

can you login My Account, go to Profile page and check the phone number, is that showing up correctly?

for the text , are you using Android or iPhone? if Android, try clear cache on the messaging app and see if it helps

Need Help? Let's chat.