cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls or texts

jaydee75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my phone over 24 hours ago and am not able to receive calls or texts. Email is working. How long after activation should it take before this is working?

9 REPLIES 9

HI @TimMarshall 

the porting was stuck. Did you receive a text from your old provider ? did you reply YES ? and more important, your old provider service has been active all along?

i will message you a number to call to talk to porting support team.  Call them and they will tell you what happens

TimMarshall

I have the same issue.  Its been 6 days since I switched to Public and I am still not receiving incoming calls or text.  I can make outbound calls with no issue.  Please help

jaydee75

Thanks for the information. I have sent him a message.

jaydee75

Thanks for the information. I will check that out.

@jaydee75  did you request porting  your phone number from another provider?  if that is the case, the porting was not completed and hence calls and texts are not coming in

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

jaydee75

Thanks for your reply. We don't have another device to try at this time. Yes, when wifi is off data is working on LTE.

It is strange that calls and texts are still not coming in. Can't figure it out. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jaydee75 

texting should be almost immediate – it’s the calling that may take some processes to complete, namely, porting from another provider.

Try your activated public mobile Sim card in another device which you know is functioning.

Can you receive and make calls on that device?

Also, does your data appear to work without Wi-Fi toggled on?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jaydee75 

Sounds like the porting is in limbo.

The most important step is to reply to the text from your previous carrier with YES confirming you are porting over to PM…you got 90 minutes to reply or else…what you are getting.

You need to contact a CS_Agent to request to restart the porting process again but remember to leave the old SIM in your phone to reply.

Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message above.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jaydee75 Did you port in your number during activation? If yes, did you authorize the port in request through the Text message you got from the old sim? Does your old sim currently working? 
If you didn't port in your number, check if you got charged. Are you able to login to your self-serve account

Need Help? Let's chat.