cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting inbound calls recent number transfer

Macko92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, Public Mobile customer service,

I'm a new Public Mobile client, and I recently transferred my number (April 17) from Freedom Mobile. On April 17 I got a message from Freedom asking if I was transferring and I texted "Yes". On My Public Mobile account, it says "active"; however I cannot receive inbound messages using my Public Mobile SIM. Inbound calls still work on my Freedom Mobile SIM. Please help,

Thanks,

Oleg

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Macko92 

Did you replied to the text right away with YES? You have 90 minutes to reply but if you replied past the 90 minute window then porting will be cancelled.

If your old SIM is still working then you missed the 90 minute window and you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text.

Submit a ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on the envelope icon above.

@Macko92   no inbound calls at all?

understand you said you already replied YES to Freedom's text, but maybe you replied after 90 minutes?  it look like a stuck porting problem

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Macko92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, I meant I don't receive inbound calls not messages

Need Help? Let's chat.