cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no reception, no call, no data

behy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there, I switched my koodo plan alberta number to my public account. received switching sms from koodo. replied Yes. Number got transferred to public (i see it in self serve). it's been 4 days ago. i still have no reception, no data. it's constantly turning on and off. tree days agor at night it suddenly worked for about 1 hour, than again. it's not a phone issues. tried more phones.

any solutions pls?

7 REPLIES 7

@behy wrote:

koodo sim shut down immediately after replying yes to the transfer. it wont work anymore.

can't make calls, no massage, i have on and off reception, it shuts down every second than turns on, shuts down... how do i submit a ticket to pm pls?

@behy   Ok, then it is not a porting issue, you don't need to call that porting team.

What is showing on the screen?  No Network?  SIM not provisioned?

I would open a ticket with PM immediately and have them confirm the SIM provisioning.  I think there has been some similar issue in the past couple days.  But again, as long as they get the ticket, they can fix it quick.  Just open the ticket as I suggested earlier

behy

koodo sim shut down immediately after replying yes to the transfer. it wont work anymore.

can't make calls, no massage, i have on and off reception, it shuts down every second than turns on, shuts down... how do i submit a ticket to pm pls?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@behy

i will provide to you a phone number for port department,

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

maybe them can help you if not help you then you need to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@behy   2 things

PM account shows your own number not necessary mean porting is completed.  Important thing is .. is your Koodo SIM still working when you it in a phone.  If you power up the phone with Koodo sim, are you getting incoming calls on Koodo?

2nd thing, let's not worry about APN for now, it only affects data.  Can you make outgoing calls?  If you cannot it is not a porting issue but a SIM provisioning issue.  If that is the case, open a ticket with PM and trust me, once they got the ticket, they can fix it quickly on the backend. Open the ticket now and looking forward to your good news:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

behy

i tried all of thi. apn is set correctly. android phones. it shut down when I switched the number from koodo to public.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@behy 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)
Need Help? Let's chat.