cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim card invalid

wilborfox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there

I need some help. I want to transfer my existing number to another older phone. The sim cards were different in size so I purchased a new one from PM to fit. When I installed it I get two messages. On ask me for a network unlocking pin. The other says that a"network locked sim card has been inserted. -invalid sim card"

I tried the PM default unlocking pin 1234 twice with no change.

The existing chatbot has been unhelpful so I attempted several times to put in a help ticket. No luck. It states there is a problem and steers me back to the start.

Some guidance would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

wilborfox

Okay I see what you mean. I will try that. For a task that was described as taking minutes, I have exceeded the limit 1240 min. thus far!

@wilborfox  Got ya . But you can still take the outer edge of the new SIM card and put it on your old SIM card . So you can save new sim card for replacement or to give to a friend or family to join PM and use your referral code most phones today are using nano sim so that outer edge most likely won’t. Be a issue for anyone else to use 

hi @wilborfox usually you can go to a mobile store and ask for one for free, the spacer.   they throw away a lot 

So, you used the new card'spacer for the old card??

wilborfox

Well my issue is that I did not know I could purchase an adapter to make my small sim card larger. Thus I purchased a new one.

wilborfox

Thanks I will look for that.

Or just take the spacer from the new SIM card  ( outer edge ) to use with old SIM card 

hi @wilborfox if you have not change sim yet, on the old sim , look for spacer you can peel it off to make it small.  But if you need it bugger, then you cannot do much unless you still have the spacer from before 

to update sim, login My Account using email to receive 2fa, go to Profile, click pencil besides the sim to update it

of course, you can submit ticket with agent for them to help updating it, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@wilborfox  To sim swap the number in your account in profile page like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1703357704886.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

wilborfox

I was hoping that the phone would have been unlocked since it is been out of service for a couple of years.

I have not attempted to change my sim card number because frankly I do not see that option available under "my account".

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wilborfox  You should have been able to use the same sim as before they are 3 hole punch 

3 hole punch /desired size

Handy1_0-1703357495912.jpeg

Note flat edge corner / fit flush in tray

No lifting or rising /push in all the way

but you may also need to contact the carrier the phone cam from to have them unlock it for you 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @wilborfox your phone still locked by your previous carrier, the carrier you  got the phone from, you need to ask them to provide your the PUK code. Since it is locked by yiur previous carrier , PM cannot provide you the code  

And to change sim card, did you login to My Account and update the sim number yet??

Need Help? Let's chat.