cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new plans available for existing customers?

cski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, is anyone aware of Boxing Day new plans for existing customers? I only see great new plans available for new customers. Thank you! 

22 REPLIES 22

@WDM007 wrote:

Don't understand why Public Mobile  does not offer the $24.00 plan to new customers.

Treating your most supportive customers as second class citizens.

HI @WDM007 

I think you have a typo, you meant you "don't understand why Public Mobile  does not offer the $24.00 plan to existing customers."

first, I see your community account only setup for couple months, how long you have been a supportive customers?

and for mobile business, they always have different sets of plans for existing and new customers.  And there are no second class here.  PM has been sending targeted offer to different customers based on the usage.   Just this week, many got the $26 for 15 GB, which is a plan that not offered to the "first class new customers" .  With your post, I think you didn't get it.  If you just joined not long, I think you might not get those offer yet.  But if you have supported PM long, you might get it in the next round of promotion.  Stay tuned

WDM007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Don't understand why Public Mobile  does not offer the $24.00 plan to new customers.

Treating your most supportive customers as second class citizens.

cski

It would be nice if PM treated existing customers to the same plans as new customers. That would be fairer and easier for the CS agents to consistently treat everyone. Does PM have their policies described anywhere?

@Hummingbird  The 60GB for $40 CAN/US plan is Quebec only plan 😞

Hummingbird

@Andy85 is that $40 for 60GB Canad-Us plan exclusive to you? I cant find it.

dynamo1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

many are reporting on RFD that they are getting the $24 plan as a existing customer but it's luck of the draw to get an agent to apply it. 

cski

thanks.

HI @cski 

what plan do you want to go with ? $24?  that is the best plan out of all carriers, others don't have such a great plan.  So, if you really like that, and willing to start rewards from beginning again, it is still worth to port out to another carrier and port back to take advantage to this great plan

cski

thank you. However the plan I want is not included in these offerings. 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @cski 

There are a new plans available specifically to new activations when on the public mobile site and a couple available for all clients. There are some additional offers that might be targeted directly to you as an exclsve offer as well! The best way to see which offers are available to you, is by taking the following steps:

Step 1: Log into your account and click on Subscriptions and Add-ons

Step 2: click on Change Subscription

Andy85_0-1703547903352.png

A new page will load and it will display all the plans available to existing clients in your province. Plans available to new clients will be removed to reduce the confusion. You will noticed new plans there were not appearing on the main website!

Andy85_1-1703547903377.png

Additionally, things could change from now until the end of the Boxing week promotions so remember to log back into your account often to see if the plans are updated!

cski

super, thanks! Sad that PM is encouraging me to leave.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cski  Just no loyalty anymore 😞

cski

thanks! Sad that PM won't offer this deal to existing customers. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cski  freedom or lucky mobile be where I looked next 

HI @cski 

No, look like PM has the best plan for activation in that price range

you want to port out and come back? you might still save money long term doing that

cski

sounds like it's easier to just switch carriers. Does anyone know of another carrier offering a similar plan to the $24 one that PM is offering to new customers only?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cski  The only way to keep your number would be to port it out to a new carrier and then create a new PM account on the $24 plan with a temp PM phone number using a different email then your current one with PM . Then port it back in from new carrier in new PM plan 

cski

I have never seen an offer for existing customers. I think the $24 plan is so much better than my existing plan that losing the rewards isn't a deterrent. Can I keep my current phone number?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cski  It’s an option , but you would lose your current rewards you have . So not probably worth it when the plan most likely will come along again or even a better one then that . On top of that you would lose your phone number to unless your ported it out to new provider to only port back in on new account with new email then before . Not worth the time or money I don’t think 

cski

thank you. Has anyone cancelled their existing plan and then signed up for one of the new ones that are on offer for new customers only? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cski 

no new promo plan for me. $39 for 50 GB and $40 for 60GB are the best plans in terms for $ per GB

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cski  Yes there was 40GB $34 plan for existing customers last Black Friday . But this time around it’s just for new activations . Hopfully tm could bring back the promo plans for existing customers like us . Just keep checking back on the webiste and community for new plans . pM has been frequently changing the plans 

Need Help? Let's chat.