cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new paln for family

lonnasheen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wanting to get a phone number and plan for my son under my account. he has his own phone. We are looking at the $15 month plan. was wondering if there is unlimited incoming calls are included? Koodo has the same $15 a month plan, but with incoming unlimited calls. Can you please confirm with me before purchasing if you can offer the same plan as koodo.

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

@lonnasheen wrote:

OK great, found it. But i first have to order the SIM card. Once I receive it then I can the plan part right? it has been so long since going through the process

@lonnasheen - you can still buy SIM cards through Public Mobile online, here: https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Currently they are two SIMs for $10. It shows 1 for zero dollars and 1 for $10 when you go to your cart.

It is very handy to have a spare SIM on hand incase you damage, lose your phone. OR, use it for a future renewal.

esjliv_0-1675541552839.png

Yes, some report it takes a long time to receive these via this method, since it gets sent regular Canada Post mail. But normally I would say it does take within 10 working days. If you can wait for your son.

@lonnasheen   Shipping via PM is not guarantee, could be as fast as 5 days or as slow as 3 weeks

but from Amazon for Prime 2 days shipping  Free for Prime membership or get one time free for new amazon account

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=public+mo...

lonnasheen

Thank you everyone for all your help!

@lonnasheen   Yes, Amazon (especially with prime) will be much faster or try canadiancellsupplies.com

lonnasheen

Yeah we are in a small town..no PM SIM cards.  I believe I ordered mine through PM years agao. But yoy suggest Amazon?

@lonnasheen   Only a PM SIM will work for service here.  Don't buy Koodo/Telus SIMs and I believe Walmart no longer sells PM SIMs.

lonnasheen

Walmart has Koodo cards. do i need a "public mobile" specific SIM card or it can be telus/kodoo? The woman i spoke to there says she is not aloud to talk about public mobile? and i looked again and yes i need a SIM to get a plan...answered my own previous question.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lonnasheen 

you can't purchase plan without have SIM card,

Find TELUS Stores Near you  or  Koodo Stores  buy it in person fast way.

@lonnasheen   Yes, you'll need the SIM beforehand to get started.  Like I said see if there's a Koodo/Telus  store closeby first but phone ahead and ask if they still sell PM SIMs as not all of them do. 

lonnasheen

When i go to "get started" it takes me to the SIM card purchase. won't let me purchase the plan? do i need a SIM card first to purchase a plan?

@lonnasheen   You might be better off trying to get a SIM from either an official Koodo/Telus store close by but phone ahead as not all carry them, or purchase one from CanadianCellSupplies.com or Amazon for faster delivery as PM delivery can take anywhere from one week to three.

lonnasheen

OK great, found it. But i first have to order the SIM card. Once I receive it then I can the plan part right? it has been so long since going through the process

@lonnasheen wrote:

Thanks

Where do i find my referral code? Can't seem to find it?

@lonnasheen  - in your My Account under the main page that opens on the bottom. Or under the Payment TAB, maybe other places too.

Under this:

esjliv_0-1675539719477.png

It toggles a couple different screens.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @lonnasheen 

public mobile not have family plan,

for each line need different email and phone number.

but you can using same name, address, 4 digit pin, password, credit card,

@lonnasheen login to My Account, the front page, at the bottom, Sharing s caring section

With the code, your son will get $10 and you will get $1 or 1 point per cycle

lonnasheen

Thanks

Where do i find my referral code? Can't seem to find it?

@lonnasheen wrote:

OK, so I'm starting fresh with a new account? I put it under my sons name and email address?

@lonnasheen   yes, use another email address to activate a new account

Again, PM is one email can only tie with one account.  No Family account concept. Every account is independent by itself.

But, make sure you use your own referral code when you activate your son's acocunt

lonnasheen

OK, so I'm starting fresh with a new account? I put it under my sons name and email address?

lonnasheen

oh yes! thanks for the reminder

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure you use your friend referral code when activating his plan. 😊

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lonnasheen  - each public mobile account needs to be activated with its own unique email address. You cannot add a 2nd or multiple accounts under one account here.

Yes, the $15 plan is UNLIMITED incoming calls. 100 outgoing.

There is a 500 min addon you can buy for outgoing to add to your account. This is a great value. It rolls over each renewal and stays on until consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.