cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation fails

devonbanman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

(new activation will be porting over current number from Virgin Mobile)

I've tried all the suggestions:

-tried clearing cache 

-tried incognito mode 

-tried restarting fresh browser session on every attempt 

-tried multiple credit cards

-tried eliminating last digit of postal code (to be 6 digits long....)

-tried new number instead of porting old number

BTW, cannot make sure address matches credit card info because there's nowhere in any step to input an address.

Need Admin help please!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

daveinthehat

Was this ever solved for you?  I am stuck?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@devonbanman   Good to hear.  I find sometimes they're doing maintenance on the website later in the evening so also cannot login to my account sometimes if it's late.

devonbanman

So I tried this last night with no success. Turns out the website must have not been working last night, so I tried it again this morning and it worked first time, no hiccups!

devonbanman

Update: 

there must have been problems with the website yesterday. I tried again today and the activation went smoothly first try. 

Success today: used incognito mode on Chrome browser on a PC

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@devonbanman  Does it give you a specific error?  You're right, most basic would be to assign new number to the SIM and port after you've activated the SIM successfully.  Have you tried taking the space out between the two parts of the postal code so it's one continuous string instead of removing the last digit?  Be nice if it indicated that it was a CC issue or something else.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@devonbanman   so the activation did not complete?

confirm your number is eligible to port into PM (it is a Koodo site because both Koodo and PM use the same Telus system):

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

For credit card, usually the address does not matter, you need to make sure number/postal code/expiry/ccv are correct

If you need further help, please open ticket with PM support using direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.