cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Eversafe Auth Code

Bjarne2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent  OK, I am stuck in a loop I cannot get out of - please help.

I bought a Public Mobile SIM several days ago and setup my Eversafe credentials so I could access MyAccount and the Community. I needed my old phone number ported in, and that was successfully done yesterday morning with the help of your Customer Service. My old phone was Network-locked, so I needed an unlock code, which I received this evening, and now I have inserted my PM SIM in my phone.  So far, so good.

The Problem is that the first and only message I received on the phone stated: "Public Mobile Here. Your subscription has been placed on hold due to an unresolved issue with your payment. To resume your subscription, simply login the PM app or My Account to update your paymenbt details. Alternatively, you can dial *611 to make your payment."

I CANNOT login to MyAccount, because your Eversafe 2FA is sending a 6-digit code to me via SMS, and my phone isn't receiving anything.  I also CANNOT call *611 to make a payment, again because my phone is suspended.

Can you un-suspend my phone so I can login to pay for my plan?   Can you also inform your website designers that they have created a loop that is impossible to get out of?

Thanks, Bjarne

10 REPLIES 10

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bjarne2 , Thanks for the extra info....that makes sense. With a typical activation, the payment is made at time of activation. This sounds like a one-off situation, and perhaps Customer Support could have set better expectations. I'm sure they will be happy to assist you again. Once you have access to your account, I would strongly suggest subscribing (automatic payments with a debit/credit card) if possible. This will avoid any future suspension for non-payment and save you any headaches. If you don't have a Visa/MC debit or credit card, you can pick up a re-loadable Visa or MC debit at Walmart or Shopper's Drug Mart. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Bjarne2 

REMOVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER FROM YOUR POST!!!! This is NOT a private forum. 

Edit... thank you. 🙂 

maple_leaf

@Bjarne2 , Reading your last reply, it does sound like your number verification is not complete for EverSafe. Typically, at the end of activation, you would be prompted to receive a 2FA code to your assigned phone number for verification. After that, if the email address is linked properly, you would have the option to re-send the code to email. I'm afraid you will have to send another private message to Customer Support to complete your EverSafe setup, link your online and Community accounts, and get your payment sorted.

Bjarne2

Yes, they indicated I needed to arrange payment using MyAccount, but I was waiting to do that until my phone was ported-in, unlocked, and functioning.  While that was happening,  my service was suspended.  So yes, I need Customer Support to hop in and get me out of this loop...

maple_leaf

@Bjarne2 , When Customer Support assisted you with porting your number in and network unlocking your phone, did they not bring up making a payment to activate the service? This is sounding like a situation that will require you reach out to Customer Support again.

Bjarne2

Nope - I cannot call *611.  And nope, Eversafe does not present me with an email option, likely because it is trying to confirm that I own the phone that my number is assigned to.

Bjarne2

No, I have no phone service: it was suspended because I hadn't yet entered payment details on this new account.  I can't therefore receive the SMS with the Eversafe code to login to MyAccount to enter the payment details... 

maple_leaf

Hello @Bjarne2 , Please edit your original post to remove your cell phone number for privacy reasons. This Community forum is public, and I'm sure you don't want your personal information made public. Have you tried to call *611 from your cell? Despite the service being suspended, you may still be able to complete a call to *611. With regard to the EverSafe ID, it's unfortunate that the Customer Service Agent you had worked with wasn't aware/able to assist you with access to your online account at the same time they resolved these other issues. You can reach out to a Customer Support Agent again with a request to assist you with access to your account. Alternatively, if your email address is correctly linked with your online account, you could try having the 2FA code resent to your email address (see screenshot below).

Click on Resend Code, Select Email option

Link to PM CS_Agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Payment Methods/Resume Service:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=_articleCategory_payment-support&subcat...

Changing EverSafe ID Information (Name, Number, Email):
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/changing-name-in-eversafe

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bjarne2 

your service is still working and just not login with My Account?

try to login with Incognito mode once again and see if it works

if not, message support for help:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.