cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation detecting iPhone 12 as a Samsung phone

Ryker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I refered a friend and got them connected to public mobile last night , however her iPhone 12 is being detected as a Samsung phone and she can't send or recieve pictures and her factime isn't functioning . I have no idea what the issue is , everthing appears to be set up correctly .

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ryker 

Did she login to her Apple ID account on her iPhone? The iPhone should show her Apple ID on top of Settings if she is login to her ID.

Best to do a factory reset but back everything into the iCloud first and start from scratch and login back into her Apple ID account

Ryker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok , I will have her try that , facetime also isn't working ( not sure if the two are connected ) . I don't have alot of experience with iPhones I have always used Android , Thanks for the super quick reply , hopefully this works . 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ryker 

it is not a problem with PM but a problem on iPhone/imessage setup.  PM does not care what phone you have and will still let the device use the data

What she can do is the first disable iMessage, then reboot the phone and then go back to iMessage the enable iMessgae.  Also, make sure the phone number showing there is the correct one

Need Help? Let's chat.