cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network and services

Reenie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number last night from another provider and have been unable to connect to PM network, send or receive calls, texts etc since. I confirmed with the previous provider that the number has been ported and have restarted my phone several times as well as removed the sim and put it back. 

18 REPLIES 18

Herful1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you encounter issues with connectivity, calls, and texts after porting your number to Public Mobile (PM) and have already confirmed the completion of the port with your previous provider, it's essential to delve deeper into potential solutions beyond basic troubleshooting. After ensuring that your phone's network settings are correctly configured for PM, particularly the preferred network type and APN settings, and reconfirming that your PM SIM card is fully activated, the next critical step is reaching out to Public Mobile Support for assistance. Given the persistence of the problem despite restarting your phone multiple times and reseating the SIM card, there may be underlying issues with the porting process or network registration that only Public Mobile's support team can resolve. They can provide detailed guidance, check for any system-related issues affecting your service, and offer specific solutions to restore full connectivity and functionality to your phone number on the PM network.

Nikkel

just tried turning off phone, took out SIM card, reinstalled SIM and re-started phone.  No change.

Can not make calls out, can not receive calls.  People calling me say they get a message "this number is out of service"

Can not send or receive text meassages.

@Nikkel wrote:

i am having same problem. Waiting since Monday and no luck.

@Nikkel   I saw your post yesterday, (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Activation-has-not-happened/td-p/793988

You has not reply there yet.  We suggested some fix and check, update us there.  A quick question is , can you even make outgoing calls.

Nikkel

i am having same problem. Waiting since Monday and no luck.

Hi @Reenie  yes, if it is system related,  they are the only one able to fix it.  Bit if it is just device settings,  we can help faster 🙂

Glad it is working now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reenie : Well good. Of course they do have the background infrastructure they can monkey with. We don't. All we can suggest are workarounds.

Reenie

That is weird! Support was able to figure it out and I am up and running now! Thank you everyone for your support in trying to figure this out, much appreciated!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Reenie 

Sounds like your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Customer support will sort it out for you. It's been a common problem with pm's activation portal.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @Reenie  ,   What I heard is some provider might not be actively cross checking the blacklist daily, so the phone could be used as long as it stays there.  But once you have a phone first join a new network, it will for sure check it and hence it might give bad news out of it.    Just go and check it.  You will be all happy if you confirm it is not blacklisted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reenie : I seem to recall hearing about somebody discovering their phone becoming blacklisted under the same conditions. It could be a mis-type in the process of blacklisting a phone by whatever entity doing the blacklisting.

As I said...just in case.

I was also looking to see if maybe the phone was locked to that previous provider. Samsung's are known to even lock themselves to the provider of the first SIM inserted after being unlocked or having started unlocked. So I was looking for that message. It might be worth an online chat with Samsung for that possibility.

Reenie

Thank you, I did submit a ticket and hope to hear back soon. 

Reenie

I just turned it off, on, sim etc that you suggested. The first thing that came up when it came back on was emergency calls only. search for available networks where PM is an option. Clicked on it and unable to connect, try later.

I've had this phone for over two years and bought it new, it is not lost or missing. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Reenie   , Would be nice if you can test your PM SIM in another phone. 

But as you never able to access PM since activation, it could be system setup issue.  Maybe open a ticket with PM Support now.  If they can find out the issue, you might have a working phone before you get off work  🙂

Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reenie : Do you get any message pop up after doing a full power down - turn back on?

Another thing that might do something is to turn it off, remove the SIM, turn it on, turn it off, re-insert SIM, turn it on. See if any messages pop up needing your attention.

Can you also check devicecheck.ca just in case.

Reenie

it is a samsung galaxy s10e. I am at work right now so I can't try it in another phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok good. Now we can not clutter up the other active thread.

So again...what make.model phone is it? Can you try the SIM in another phone?

@Reenie wrote:

I have a different phone but am having the same issue of not being able to connect to the network.

@Reenie   Maybe you can open your own post from easy tracking?

What brand and model is your phone?

Reenie

I have a different phone but am having the same issue of not being able to connect to the network.

Need Help? Let's chat.