cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation has not happened

Nikkel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We set up accounts and installed new SIM cards for 2 mobile phones Feb.28 in early afternoon.  These phones have not yet activated.

17 REPLIES 17

Nikkel

Only have 2 phones.  both set up, no calls in or out.

3rd day with no phones.  Guess I will look elsewhere.

@Nikkel wrote:

We are working with Telus to check their end. Our service is all ready disconnected 

@Nikkel   Can you make outgoing calls at all?  If not, try your SIM in another phone and see

If still fails, it is likely a SIM provisioning issue, you will then need to open ticket with PM , I have included the steps in my earlier post

Nikkel

Will check that now 

Nikkel

Yes. We got that. Also confirmed with Telus by phone that had been completed. 

Nikkel

Talked with Telus tonight. Our account is closed there and they have ported the phone numbers to PM. No idea what the problem is. Have followed through everything for hours. Does not appear to be a problem. Just not activated. Has been 35 hours and still all the same. 
getting disappointed. 

Nikkel

We are working with Telus to check their end. Our service is all ready disconnected 

@Nikkel 

Did you reply to the text confirming that you are porting over to PM with the Telus SIM in your phone?

There is a 90 minute window for you to reply. If you miss this window, you will need a CS_Agent to complete the porting process.

@Nikkel wrote:

everything is supposed to be active but no phone service

@Nikkel  - 

Were you charged for both SIM card activations?

If so, can you try the SIM cards in another phone...although you have two, hum?

So you do see both self serve accounts saying Active here? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Does it say the numbers you ported over listed under the Plan and Addons TAB ?

When you call your phone numbers, what happens?

@Nikkel   Can you even make outgoing calls?  When you put the SIM into the phone, is it now showing any signal bars?  any error like "No Network" "No SIM" or "SIM not provisioned"?

I have a feeling your SIM is not properly provisioned yet.  Let's fix this and the porting could be fixed by itself after (there was user reported that their porting cannot even start because the SIM wasn't setup properly)

So, open a ticket with PM Support first.  Have them to confirm provisioning and ask the to confirm the porting request as well.

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Nikkel

old number from Telus

Nikkel

port over existing number

@Nikkel 

Or port your old number from another carrier?

@Nikkel 

OK, did you pick a new number?

Nikkel

I did that.  No luck

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nikkel 

When you activated the SIM, did you power off the phone before putting the SIM in the phone. You need to reboot that phone after putting in the SIM.

Also, did you port over your old number or picked a new number?

Nikkel

everything is supposed to be active but no phone service

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikkel , are the online accounts that you set up yesterday in active status?  If the accounts are active, then the SIM cards associated with the account should work right away.  

Need Help? Let's chat.