cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my plan

kdaya96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my plan is supposed to have unlimited Canada and U.S wide minutes however when I call a U.S number it says I have no available minutes

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kdaya96 wrote:

Hi, my plan is supposed to have unlimited Canada and U.S wide minutes however when I call a U.S number it says I have no available minutes

@kdaya96 

Does the call complete when you add a 1 in front of the phone number?

If the call does complete, just ignore that message.

If the call does not complete, toggle into airplane mode, than back again to retrigger the network. Does this help complete the call?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdaya96 

if your plan not have U.S. minutes,

you need to Purchase 1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes = $15

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kdaya96 wrote:

Log into your account and look at your Plan Details...just to make sure you have US calling minutes available on your plan. If not, you can buy a US calling add-on...

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁴...$15.

Load $15 into Available Funds, then go to Purchase Add-ons and select the add-on you want...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

@Anonymous 

Why didn't I think of that?  lol

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kdaya96 

I'd say if you can confirm in self-serve that you are on a plan with unlimited Canada AND US calling ($50/$70 plans) then get in touch with PM by creating a ticket with SIMon the chat bot in the lower right hand corner of this page. Alternatively, you can send a private message to @CS_Agent 

@Anonymous

I'm not sure how rebooting the phone could possibly help in this situation

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdaya96 

can you do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@kdaya96 

Try putting a  number  1 in front of the phone number your dialing.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kdaya96 wrote:

@kdaya96 

To call US numbers, you need an add-on.

Can you post a screenshot of your account overview page?

Edit: Do you have the $50 or $70 plan? Then they include US calling

Have you been able to use that feature before?

If you can't since activating your account, it could be a SIM provisioning issue and you'll need to contact CS so they can check.

Need Help? Let's chat.