cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate to Virtual SIM card

Gorila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my community: i have to migrate to virtual SIM card;  from my old Iphone to a new 15 Pro Iphone I need help with it please.

11 REPLIES 11

Gorila

the phone show the eSIM was install complete, but I couldn't call anybody, it didn't work. What was wrong?

Gorila

Thank for your answer, but I would like to have more orientation please

after I pay,

It display an screen with the phone number from another eSIM i have for travel, it display

(Business, Cellular Data, personal, primary, secondary, travel); i select travel because that number is not from Canada. is it correct?

then it display another window with my Public Mobile number what option I will select from this list (Business, Cellular Data, personal, primary, secondary, travel); that allow me to continue using my phone number, and data  in this new phone?  

EdwardMcClung

Yes, you're correct. An agent did get in touch with me! and worked some magic! I'm fully working now in just an hour. I'm not sure what the issue was for me but for my other pixel 5 that im also switching over, the issue arose when trying to port the number myself. 
The customer service is strange to find but it does exist. Thankfully members on here are posting it prolifically. 
thank you members for your support!
You have to make a ticket for anything to progress, keep your info handy - you'll have to re-enter when the agent asks for it 😋

@softech wrote:

@Gorila 

To buy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

@Gorila 

Are you still using a physical SIM card are are you already using an eSIM? When it comes to a free eSIM, this is only the case if you are already using one of these.  IF you're switching from a physical SIM card, a $5 fee needs to be paid.

@EdwardMcClung  It should be possible to port a number during activation although what I did is have a temporary number and then do the transfer once I was sure everything worked.  Without more information (I guess it was in the deleted thread) hard to say what the resolution might be other than trying customer service again.  Public Mobile does work but getting started can be a challenge sometimes.

EdwardMcClung

It was a really nonsensical chatbot style phone call that I gave up on pretty quickly. 
An agent did respond to my DM! They said that all my issues are because I tried to transfer my number at the same time as subscribing to PM.
I guess you have to do it in stages.

@EdwardMcClung  I took the day off work because I noticed yesterday I was outside their hours so I took the day off to speak with an agent. I've tried numerous times all morning and every single time it says the agent disconnected the call immediately. 

The only phone assistance for Public Mobile is for specific number porting issues, otherwise it is all by chatbot or private message.  Was it the Telus/Koodo/PM porting line you were calling?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Gorila  Did you buy your iPhone 15 in the USA, because otherwise you can use the same physical sim that was  in the old iPhone if it's the Canadian version.  The Canadian iPhone 15 has a physical sim slot, the US version is esim only.  Or maybe you need to use both sims? 

EdwardMcClung

Good luck.
In my experience the app didn't do anything but accept payment. 
I tried to switch to PM yesterday but it didn't activate properly and I got the dreaded "contact an agent" message. 
Of course, if you're not new here you know that's a ceaseless (and fruitless) effort. 
I made a post here yesterday, concerned, because I had the same failed activation process on both my device and my partner's. Suspicious of foul play I made a thread asking "Is PM a Scam?" very genuine concern - I was graciously helped by a couple members with links to message directly an agent (They did reply!) - oh and PM promptly deleted the post... that's not suspect at all.
I took the day off work because I noticed yesterday I was outside their hours so I took the day off to speak with an agent. I've tried numerous times all morning and every single time it says the agent disconnected the call immediately. Using the app doesn't work for me at all (well it does now but for setting up your subscription and porting your number it doesn't work at all) you have to make a ticket here through the community forum. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Gorila 

virtual sim is called esim.  

You just need to download the Public Mobile app on your phone, then go to Account and Buy sim card and choose esim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gorila 

To buy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Need Help? Let's chat.