Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone

Admin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

a phone was lost (removed)

We have another phone that we can use.

Do we just need to buy a new chip for the phone we have and port the phone # above to the new phone?

What are the steps we need to follow to make this happen?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Admin1 

Also, advisable to login to your account and click on Lost/stolen Phone first before change the SIM on your account. This will Blacklist your old phone so they can’t use your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Admin1   Yes, you just need to buy a new sim card from the store and do a change SIM card request (not a porting request)

Tip: Do not buy the SIM card from PM online, it takes them too long to deliver.  But it from stores like Walmart Mobile, Koodo ,etc

When you have the sim card and when you are ready,    login to My Account, click Change SIM card, then select email to receive the 2FA code

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/

Once you enter the 2FA code, it is pretty instant.  You might then put the new SIM into the phone, reboot the phone once or twice.  Try incoming/outgoing calls and mobile data and you should be all good then

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Admin1 , you will need to purchase a new SIM card then log into your self-service account and on the right hand side there is a change SIM link.  Follow the steps as directed. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Admin1 Hi if you lost the Phone and Sim card you need to buy a new Sim card and then go into your self-serve account and change your Sim card number install it in your new phone and you will be good to go with the same number as you had before

Need Help? Let's chat.