cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this charge related to my public mobile bill?

rdushkevich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

a few days ago I was billed for my public mobile account, but on the same day I received two seperate charges from "vesta chatr" of around $50 each. When I call the number on my statement they cant give me any answers unless i provide a cc number which I wasnt comfortable with. Im wondering if these charges might be connected with my public mobile account before i file a dispute.

7 REPLIES 7

@Mysterywrote:

I've never gotten a charge like that before, when I first joined. Perhaps it's a contract fee from changing from Chatr (assuming you had Chatr and you broke contract to join PM).

It's standard practice for them to ask for the cc but, like you, I would hesitate. I would call your cc company and file an investigation. Better safe than sorry.

Chatr doesn't have any "contract fee". Chatr is a prepaid service, just as is Public Mobile.  Additionally, Chatr does not require customers to provide credit card information to use the service, although many do for convenience or bonus reasons.

@matbasmwrote:

Unless you made phone calles from your PM phone line that were for pay-per-use service, i don't see how that would happen.  I

That really isn't possible as there are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.  Further, any charges fror this service get charged as "Public Mobile" and not some other name.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@rdushkevich seems like fraud

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-278-3397/2

Bunch of people complaining bout it

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with @Tallguy11 looks to be a charge from Chatr.  Compromising of credit cards happen all the time.  Once I had some online gaming charges come out of my cc and I've never played online gaming in my life.  I talked to the cc fraud department and they took about 2-3 days investigating and refunded the money bank onto my cc.  

Definetely better safe than sorry.  Unless you recently left Chart and they're charging you for overage, a final bill, or some type of contract cancellation fee, then I would contact your cc company immediately.  

Also consider googling the company to see if this has happened to other people.

Mystery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've never gotten a charge like that before, when I first joined. Perhaps it's a contract fee from changing from Chatr (assuming you had Chatr and you broke contract to join PM).

It's standard practice for them to ask for the cc but, like you, I would hesitate. I would call your cc company and file an investigation. Better safe than sorry.

Tallguy11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rdushkevichwrote:

a few days ago I was billed for my public mobile account, but on the same day I received two seperate charges from "vesta chatr" of around $50 each. When I call the number on my statement they cant give me any answers unless i provide a cc number which I wasnt comfortable with. Im wondering if these charges might be connected with my public mobile account before i file a dispute.

that to me looks like a charge from chatr mobile..do u have any phones through chatr? if not your card may be compromized 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unless you made phone calles from your PM phone line that were for pay-per-use service, i don't see how that would happen.  If you are really concerned, then you should send a private message to the moderators team, and ask if the charge is somehow from/through Public mobile.Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.