cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the new public point system better than rewards system?

poojajain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

earleir we get $2 for autopay which will be taken off if we switch to points. plus rewards used to get deducted from monthly payments automatically  to lower the monthly payment. do the public points work in same way to lower the monthly bill?

10 REPLIES 10

MaR2307

No, it's xxxxxxxxxxx. I don't know what buffoon decided this was going to be better for customers. 

edited by computergeek541:  inappropriapte content removed

@tanmayjain0302 wrote:

where do I find out how to enter lucky draw and is there any way to earn more points and reduce monthly bill? I still have less than 15 points

To enter a draw, you would have to log into your My Rewards account to view details of any currently running points contests.  The most lucrative way to earn more points is to refer new customers to the service.  However, please note that this message forum can't be used to achieve that result.

tanmayjain0302

where do I find out how to enter lucky draw and is there any way to earn more points and reduce monthly bill? I still have less than 15 points

tanmayjain0302

it is not possible to do that way because when someone want to port their number to other provider, public mobile closes the account. I recently ported my other number and I was trying to get this number on my other account but public mobile did not allow me to do that saying that once number is ported, account gets closed. also they said that they do not allow to change numbers within public mobile even if that is for same person

@tanmayjain0302 For the 5% instead of $2 , the new system could be better if you are on plans over $40.  But the greatest loss is the Loyalty rewards,  ut could go as high as $5/month ($60 a year) while the new one only give you 10 pounts (=$10 per year regardless your history here)

BUT , once you are in the new one, there is no way  to get back to the old system.  You can see if anyone leaving PM willing to let you take over their old accounts  but it is very hard to find one

tanmayjain0302

so looks like people on old rewards system were getting better deal i lowering their bills by $2 every month and these points that we are getting are kind of useless if we don't need any data add ons. is there any way that we can choose to get rewards system so that it lower down the bill by $2 monthly?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@poojajain 

The old Reward system will give you instant monthly credit rather than waiting to collect 15 points for $15 credit.

The only advantage with the Points system is redeeming for Add-ons or a chance to enter contests. The first contest was for an iPhone 11.

poojajain

hanks everyone for reply

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@poojajain 

definitely not as good.  the whole Community pretty much agreed to STAY WITH THE OLD ONE

here are some comparisons

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@poojajain 

old rewards has $2 for autopay.

point rewards not have $2 autopay. only points get 15p = $15 to lower your bill.

old rewards better.

Need Help? Let's chat.