is it easy to get a reward?

michaeltian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try to refer to my friends.

Thanks!

28 REPLIES 28

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's easy to get auto-pay you just have to set up a card on your account. I got a community reward last month by posting here and there and reading the community for him so that was pretty cool. Referring friends is kind of hard I've been working on a few but they just want to pay crazy prices at Bell and Telus for some reason but I tell people about it maybe one day I'll get a referral reward from a friend. And in about four months I'll start getting so loyalty reward.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wecome to PM and to the forum

You made a good decision to leave, and come to here. You can save $2.00/month if you register a cc on the selfserve acct. Refer a friend gets you $1/month as long as your friend is a PM customer. Posting can  earn a reward, not exactly sure of the formula,  Rewards for staying after a year, up to the first 5 years. They have had contests in the past to win giftcards, and even a christmas giveaway. This is what I love about public mobile.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@michaeltian 

Welcome to PM, keep up the good work. good start so far......

DevinKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How many posts/replies do you have to write here to save? Like, does it take 1,000 comments to save $1? Just curious what a guess would be. Thanks!

(First post btw) 

I switched to PM today because I’m tired of getting shafted by one of the big 3. My parents had the account since 1986 and they didn’t seem to care. Kept telling me I had the best plan. I own my phone outright. So I left.

swingdummy

Thank you! Yes, there is a story behind the name. I’ll regale you with a teaser: “Swingdummy” all started at 13 years old taking ballroom dance lessons.

I will do my best to be a better community member. Thanks 🙂

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@michaeltian wrote:

Try to refer to my friends.

Thanks!

Convincing friends is not easy, but handing them your referral code is easy.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@michaeltian, welcome to Public Mobile's Family!

Autopay:

The easiest I think is Autopay. Who doesn't like $2 off!

Refer a Friend:

People say refer-a-friend. If you have a large family, group of friends, classmates, colleagues, and NO SHAME, in asking to make the switch, you could easily have a  $'0' (zero) plan! Just give them a referral code when they sign-up and activate their phone SIM card. 

I have all that, but, am a SHY Guy, so I won't be bringing it up at gatherings! 

Community Rewards:

It's one of those things where your input can be rewarded from $1 to $15. It depends on how much time you are in the community forum and responding to posts. For some people here, they are in the forum day and night. Literally, vampires, I think. For the amount of time you spend here helping people may or may not get you many rewards. But, in hindsight, isn't great to help others with sarcastic remarks? I would think so!?

Loyalty Rewards:

After a year of staying with Public Mobile, you get a $1 off per month. So, $12 for the first year, $24 for the second year up to $60 a year for the fifth year and up. And years go by so quickly too, so, I think this is the second easiest one to get. Personally, am coming to my three-year anniversary in  3 months' time, so, I would be getting in total $3 off + my $2 Autopay for a total savings of $5. No other cell provider gives me that much savings!

There is a reason why you consider coming to Public Mobile. It's not because you want to save a buck or two (or maybe you did), or maybe you don't want to deal with a contract (2 years, 3 years), or maybe you don't want to get ding for miscellaneous fees if you want to stop or change your plan. Overall, Public Mobile has been a good move for me. And I did it for all of the above, but, mainly, I am so cheap lately, that extra few savings are going to my new computer! 

Cheerio, stay safe and stay home!

@swingdummy wrote:

How easy is it to get a Community Reward? 

....as previously suggested by @shaker 

• $2 AutoPay
    This one is an easy win, set up per-authorized payments from your credit card and you can automatically save $2 per month. Don’t have a credit card? Get a Visa debit card tied to your bank account and you can do the same! Beware that some plan prices already include this discount.

shaker

Yes!

Your monthly payment will be reduced by $1/30 days after your first year, $2/days after your second year, and so on for as long as you stay with Public Mobile upto a maximum of $5.

Take Care.

@swingdummy 

Im sure there's a story behind that name.....youll have to regale us in the lounge one day. Getting a $1 or $2 community reward is quite attainable. Try and spend some time here everyday learning how to manage your account, how the different plans and add ons work, troubleshooting techniques, etc....read the help and knowledge articles, use the search bar to research a query., ask questions, bravo posts that help you or teach you something new, post when you know an answer or have an opinion and award solutions  to your questions that get solved. Your participation will be calculated by the secret formula and in the first week of June you'll see if you earned a reward. But the biggest reward will be the knowledge you gain and the help you give.

@gblackma wrote:

@swingdummy  unless you are an Oracle, the maximum reward you can earn is $15. See chart below

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe 

Always good to have a dream; even if it takes a year or more. 🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@swingdummy  unless you are an Oracle, the maximum reward you can earn is $15. See chart below

rewards-5.png

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe 

Vetiver

The easiest way to get rewards is by answering questions on the community forum, you can make up to $20 a month, and since the medium range plan is $25 that's a pretty great. Though, the most I have made is about $3-5/ month answering questions if I have the time. Convincing people to switch providers isn't easy, but just keep on mentioning how much money you save on data and eventually your friends may think about it if they end up changing providers on their own. 

shaker

$1 – $20 Community Contribution – Difficulty: High
This one requires you to go into the Public Mobile forums and contribute to the conversations going on there. While this may seem easy, your reward fluctuates based on your contribution relative to overall contribution. This one is not for everyone so we suggest you spend some time trying it out for a month or two to see how you perform.

Take Care.

swingdummy

How easy is it to get a Community Reward? 

mdwallace97

Signing up with auto pay you will get 2$ off every 30 days. 
you can also refer friends and you will get 1$ off every 30 days. 
If you answer questions or ask questions in the community you can earn up to 20$.

Also every year that you are with PM you get 1$ with the max of 5$ 

carlaspapa

Haha Napalm that's funny why wouldn't I still enjoy it I'm paying $11 for my phone I used to pay $80 with Fido for the same service so of course I'm enjoying it and I haven't had a single problem so far!

shaker

Public Mobile Review - Can I Really Pay $0 Per Month?

https://techdaily.ca/mobile/carriers/public-mobile/review/

shaker

Public Mobile 4 Ways To Save

A key feature of Public Mobile is the numerous Ways To Save they offer which essentially help you bring the cost of your monthly service down. Let’s analyze each of them:

• $2 AutoPay – Difficulty: Easy
    This one is an easy win, set up pre-authorized payments from your credit card and you can automatically save $2 per month. Don’t have a credit card? Get a Visa debit card tied to your bank account and you can do the same! Beware that some plan prices already include this discount.

• $1 – $20 Community Contribution – Difficulty: High
    This one requires you to go into the Public Mobile forums and contribute to the conversations going on there. While this may seem easy, your reward fluctuates based on your contribution relative to overall contribution. This one is not for everyone so we suggest you spend some time trying it out for a month or two to see how you perform.

• $1 Per Friend + $10 One-Time – Difficulty: Moderate
    his one is not bad – Refer a friend and receive a one-time reward of $10 however receive $1 off per month for each friend for as long as that friend uses Public Mobile. So if you are happy with your service with Public Mobile and want to advocate/convince your friends who are on the fence to sign up with them, there’s a pretty good reward here. Apart from the one-time credit, if you refer say 3 friends, family members and/or colleagues, that’s another $3 per month cut off of your bill!

• $1 Per Month For Your Loyalty – Difficulty: Easy
    This one really doesn’t require you to do anything – After 1 year of staying with Public Mobile you’ll receive $1 off per month. And this continues and increases – $2 off per month after 2 years, $3/3 years, $4/4 years and $5/5 years. This reward is capped at $5 off per month. We like that Public Mobile is rewarding loyalty, something rarely seen in service businesses (not just mobile carriers).

Keep in mind that you’re account must always remain in good standing to earn and use rewards and there are obviously terms and conditions which can be found in the Public Mobile Community.

@carlaspapa lobe hearing stories of those that have been here a while and atill enjoying the service. Gives me hope that Inmade the right choice coming here. 

carlaspapa

I have auto-pay that's pretty easy for $2 off your bill and last month I got a community reward for commenting on stuff can't really help that much I'm still new to the community I don't really know how I got it but pretty cool and I'll be at one-year in about 3 months so I'll get another $1 off per month.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Its not that easy sometimes

People are afraid they will have no service and that it's unreliable.

The problem is to get them to try, and they will not just walk into a store and buy a service to try when they already have it.

It's easiest when they are sick and tired of an issue they have with their provider.

It is also much easier when there is a promo going on.

I have purchased over 20 sims and you cannot just give them away as they end up in a drawer someplace or get lost.

I have activated some for people I know (and I know their needs and issues) then let them try it out, if they like it I charge the email address and hand over the account.  All except one person asked how to port the number before their next bill is coming. The one person who didn't has his bill paid by somebody else and leaving that account would mean he has to pay his own bill, BUT once he's off the account...

Others, I would help them activate, and that has very high success rate too.

Just passing the word does work too don't get me wrong, but they have to hear you when they are looking or they have to remember later on. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@michaeltian , the answer to your question is it depends on how influential you are.  Are you known in your circle as a great shopper?  Anyway, reward harvesting is something that takes time.  Go forth and shill this product!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@michaeltian 

Getting rewards for a referral does not come easy. You can do it in a couple of different ways. One of the ways is to show them how amazing Public Mobile is and how satisfied you are with their service. The will initially ask what you get with the plan. To familiarize yourself with the different plans. 

Familiarize yourself with the different rewards as well. This will show them options they may not have with their current provider. 

You have to also show them this community and how great it is and helpful. 

Gaining rewards if you look at all of the rewards other then the autopay reward, takes commitment and work. 

Have an amazing Saturday!

@michaeltian Also @darlicious makes good pies which she may share with you if you’re good

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@michaeltian 

Referrals are the most lucrative of all the rewards and have no upper limit. They can take some groundwork, research and learning on the community so you can explain how public mobile works and help any referrals you get that are not tech savvy to manage their accounts but the pay off can be worthwhile and longlasting.

Autopay and loyalty are easy....sign up and stick around!

The community reward is the most time consuming and its biggest payout is not monetary but psychological....mostly endorphins with a dollar or two as the cherry on top. But learning and eventually helping on the community is essential to referral success.....

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @michaeltian the refer a friend reward is the 2nd easiest to get, once your friend signs up and their account remains active and in good standing, you get your $1 monthly. Here's an article on the refer a friend reward https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

And here's another one on all the rewards https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

4 ways to earn rewards.

Loyalty. Each year you'll earn a $1 reward to max $5.

Referral reward. If you log into your account the referral code and your link is on the right hand side. Give that to your friends when you get them to sign up. You can also post it on every site that allows you to but not on here. $1 reward per referral.

$2 off per 30 days if you add autopay to your account. To do so log into your account and click "payment".

Screenshot_20200201_045056.jpg

You can also earn rewards by postings in the community forums answering questions. You should start by reading questions on the forum, learning about self serve account and then when you're comfortable enough try to answer people's questions. You never know you may just earn a reward up to $15...The $20 reward is for Oracles and that is invite only.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.