cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 picture messaging with no data

supercare
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Can soeon please walk me through how to send pictures without using my wifi?  I do not have data.   Or will my picture message only send when I get connected to wifi again - which is kinda useless. 

Thanks! 

9 REPLIES 9

@srlawren wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 upon re-reading the original message, I think you're right.  Could you or @Luddite please explain how to configure iMessage to only deliver over SMS & MMS?  Sorry guys.

Seems doubtful, but if true turn iMessages OFF.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rockdaddy22 upon re-reading the original message, I think you're right.  Could you or @Luddite please explain how to configure iMessage to only deliver over SMS & MMS?  Sorry guys.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

@srlawren wrote:

I think iMessage needs some configuration in order to be able to send via SMS/MMS as well, no?  I'm not an iOS guy but maybe @Luddite or @Rockdaddy22 can help?

I believe the user is trying to avoid using iMessage, iMessage only works with data or Wi-Fi. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@supercare For Data: Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular data ON >> Cellular Data Options >> Data Roamimh ON

Messages w pictures: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS Messaging ON >> Send & Receive should show your Apple account email address and PM phone number

Don't bother trying to adjust APN settings; there are none available on current iPhones.

Do check for a carrier update: Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

I think iMessage needs some configuration in order to be able to send via SMS/MMS as well, no?  I'm not an iOS guy but maybe @Luddite or @Rockdaddy22 can help?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@supercare, when you turn on Data, there is a reasonable chance it might just start working (might need to power phone off/on once).

If you need to adjust APN settings, check out the following two links:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

@supercare

First, just try to turn on your data in your settings.  Then send a picture message.  If it work, nothing else needs to be done.  

If it doesn't work, you will need to adjust your APN settings.  

Here is section of the knowledge article on APN:

1. Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.
    • Some models of iPhones do not allow you to manually update your APNs. If this is your case, using your mobile phone, visit co.nz. This will automatically download the required APNs in your phone settings.
    • If you have an LG phone and you still aren’t able to use your data after all of this, we suggest doing a factory reset of your phone.

supercare
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i get it configured?  or should i just take it in where they set me with my plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@supercare, You do not need a data plan to send picture messages.  However, data must be turned on on your phone, and must be properly configured for the PM network.  Don't worry about extra data charges.  If you don't have a data plan you will not be charged anything!  The beauty of prepaid.

Need Help? Let's chat.