cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim number

esmaili
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have bought a new sim card and tried activating it online. In the link, it says "Enter your 19-digit SIM number" while my sim number is "20 digit" followed by LT and another "6 digit". (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX LTXXXXXX)

When I enter just the first 19 digits, it doesn't accept it and says invalid sim number. Any idea where the problem is, and how to activate the sim?

8 REPLIES 8

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esmaili   how could you make this mistake, the SIM should show clearly Lucky there.  so, you want to activate on Lucky or PM? or you bought wrong one ?  if you have not activated with it, maybe you can exchange for PM?  PM is better than Lucky.. I think  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esmaili 

Public mobile sim cards start with 8912230000XXXXXXXX or very recently 8912230100XXXXXXXX.  Where did you purchase your sim card? Does the reciept label the xsim card Public Mobile? Does it say Public Mobile on the sim card?

Lucky sim cards start : 893026 and end with LT0 XXXXX.

Virgin sim cards start : 893026 and end with VT0 XXXXX.

It sounds like you have a not so "Lucky" sim card instead of a public mobile sim card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esmaili
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You guys are all right. It was my stupid mistake, it is lucky not public mobile

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@esmaili 

You should try activating the SIM on Lucky Mobile not Public Mobile...The other 3rd tier carrier.

Good luck!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@esmaili   Telus/Koodo/PM SIMs are always 19 digits.  it is different from other carriers ( Rogers and Bell both have 20 digits) 

So, is your SIM really a PM SIM?  where you got it from?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esmaili : If I install a never activated SIM into an Android phone and use the Device Info app and then swipe towards the left and tap the SIM button and scroll down to the SIM Slot 1 information - MCC should be 302 and MNC should be 220. Maybe also swipe to right again for Network and Service Provider Name = Telus. An activated SIM will say Public Mobile there.

The MNC is Telus/Koodo/PM.

The MCC is simply Canada.

I don't know how many numbers in a Telus or Koodo SIM but I would suspect it's the same.

There could be a remote chance that with a likelihood of there being a series of zero's in the middle that you could try dropping one zero and ignoring the LT and other digits. But I really doubt it.

@esmaili wrote:

I have bought a new sim card and tried activating it online. In the link, it says "Enter your 19-digit SIM number" while my sim number is "20 digit" followed by LT and another "6 digit". (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX LTXXXXXX)

When I enter just the first 19 digits, it doesn't accept it and says invalid sim number. Any idea where the problem is, and how to activate the sim?

I'm almost certain that this isn't a Public Mobile SIM card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Are you certain the sim you purchased is actually for Public Mobile ? Just double check to make sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.