cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet

monicagionet17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi im new with publicmobile just got my account done and sim card in my phone and im connected to data but i cant see my data is on and i cant connect to internet it says im not connected i was wondering what can i do to resolve

8 REPLIES 8

@totalUser wrote:

That is so strange cause that is what happened to me, she sent me an sms I don't have it in my history otherwise I would take a picture, she then sent me email asking me to restart my phone and it was working perfectly.

I read about it here in the community after I already gave up and ordered new phone on Amazon.  Was able to cancel my order. This place is a real money saver

I have not heard of Public Mobile doing that until today. It's good to know.  Wind/Freeeom does it when inserting sim in a device for a first time and the settings come as an MMS message with some type of link with an automated script.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Do you have lg phone?

Many if them need moderators to push apn settings through SMS

You will need make and IMEI number

What is the make and model of your phone?

Did you restart the phone with sim in it?

Public Mobile does not push APN settings through the network. They need to be configured by the manufacturer or manually by the user.

That is so strange cause that is what happened to me, she sent me an sms I don't have it in my history otherwise I would take a picture, she then sent me email asking me to restart my phone and it was working perfectly.

I read about it here in the community after I already gave up and ordered new phone on Amazon.  Was able to cancel my order. This place is a real money saver

@totalUser wrote:

Do you have lg phone?

Public Mobile does not push APN settings through the network. They need to be configured by the manufacturer or manually by the user.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:

Do you have lg phone?

@totalUser No, this is completely wrong.  LG phones don't need any APN changes, they need a network reset, and if that doesn't work, a factory reset.  Moderators cannot push APN settings to you through SMS or any other means.  

EDIT: @monicagionet17 that said, some phones do require manual APN configuration (many ASUS models, Polaroid phones, and some others).  Some iPhones require a carrier update through iTunes, and older iPhones may require a workaround to set the APN.  As others have asked, please let us know the brand and model (but not the IMEI, we don't need that) of your phone and we can try to point you in the right direction.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@monicagionet17 

Other things to try:

Network reset

Rebooting phone.

Which model phone do you have?  Do you see the data add on in your overview page?  Does text and talk work?  More details would be helpful. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Do you have lg phone?

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@monicagionet17   Do you have data turn ON in your phone?  Go into settings and see. Are you android or iOS on your phone?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@monicagionet17If you are using an Android phone make sure you enter your APN like the link below https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.