cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls going to voice mail. Outgoing calls and in/out sms without problems

starikovvv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I have issue with incoming calls going to voice mail. Outgoing calls and in/out sms without problems. Help please.

10 REPLIES 10

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@starikovvv wrote:

Hi! I have issue with incoming calls going to voice mail. Outgoing calls and in/out sms without problems. Help please.

@starikovvvThere is a known issue in the Kitchener-Waterloo area where incoming calls fail in this way if your phone has LTE enabled. Make the change to 3G/WCDMA/HSPA mode only with LTE disabled as @hoagie_waterloo previously suggested as a workaround until the issue is resolved.

hoagie_waterloo

I was having the same issue. I went to settings/mobile networks/network mode. I changed my network mode to WCDMA only and everything works fine now.

@starikovvv 

You can also try the SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public public service problem.  

Another thing to try is to manually select 3G (instead of LTE). 

@starikovvv 

Is call-forwarding set to 'always forward'?

Is Bluetooth turned on - try switching off.

If any troubleshooting fails, and it's been several hours after activating, I would contact Public Mobile moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

starikovvv

Done, but didn't help....

Try powering off device, remove SIM, power on device, then reinsert SIM.

starikovvv

new sim card (without transfer)

SMS incomes from the same number, but the call does not come and goes to voice mail

starikovvv

Not Disturb turned off: in/out sms working 

@starikovvv wrote:

Did you request a phone number to be ported in?  If yes, are you receiving text messages from everyone or just text messages from other Telus, Kooodo, and Public customers?  If you ask for a number to be ported to Public Mobile, no incoming calls could be an indication that porting isn't complete. That voicemail that callers are hearing could also be from the recorded greeting at your old carrier.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Could Do Not Disturb be turned on, @starikovvv ?

Need Help? Let's chat.