cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inbound calls go straight to voicemail

kerslake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello all, 

I recently ported my phone number from bell to public mobile. i can make outgoing calls with my new public sim but if anyone tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail. Does anyone know what the issue is? or else i need to get in touch with a moderator

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kerslake wrote:

hello all, 

I recently ported my phone number from bell to public mobile. i can make outgoing calls with my new public sim but if anyone tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail. Does anyone know what the issue is? or else i need to get in touch with a moderator

@kerslake 

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over when changing providers.

From cell phone provider - 2-3 hours (you must accept the porting text with the BELL SIM card inside to approve the port to Public Mobile.)

From landline/voip provider - 3+ days

So, if you are in that window don't fret and hold tight.

In the meantime (with the public mobile SIM card inside the phone), reboot your phone more frequently, or toggle to airplane mode and back again.

Also, you can perform a network of your network settings.

Welcome to PM!

EDIT: do not cancel your Bell services (or the port will fail). when you receive incoming calls, that is a good indication porting is complete.

Also, ensure your DND (Do not disturb) has not been accidently turned on your phone. 🙂

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @kerslake 

you receive and respond to the SMS from old provider asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number, your reply should be: YES

if so, reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device.test it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kerslake how long you requested the port? did you ever reply Bell text to approve the porting? sound like the porting is not completed

there is a number to the porting team you can contact to confirm the porting status.   I will private message you.  Check the Community inbox  on the top right, envelope icon.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kerslake 

Try rebooting your phone and see if that works. Power off your phone then power back on.

BTW, did you reply to the SMS text from Bell with YES with the Bell SIM in the phone?

This is a major step to complete the porting process. If not, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the process.

Need Help? Let's chat.