cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE and APN settings

MBNavion
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have my SIM card and purchased a new unlocked iPhone SE to go with it.

I am a US resident and spend 3-4 months a year in Newfoundland.  I will be leaving for Canada on July 7th, crossing the border on July 8th.  So I am trying to get the APN settings entered on the iPhone SE.  I have searched the community and every search seems to lead me to a discussion that ultimately has a link to instructions posted back in 2015.  When I open the settings on my iPhone SE I do not see what is displayed in the link.

Anyone here that can help me out with the SE.  It has the same technology as a 6S  in the case style of the 5S.

If it makes a difference, I will be purchasing a Canada wide plan with voice only.  NO text and NO data.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

MBNavion

Departure day is fast approaching. 

Anyone know if I can buy my plan and pay tomorrow but have activation on the 8th?

Or, will it be activated as soon as I buy tye plan?

Looking to get a 90 day Canada Wide with US.

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Turning off LTE depends on the basebands your phone supports. I don't think PM supports VoLTE. You fall back to 3/4G depending on which basebands your phone supports.

For this promo, it seems your plan is activated right away. I think last time we were able to ppat date the start of the plan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

MBNavion

Thank you everyone.  I had changed the APN from isp.mb.com to sp.mb.com.  A reset returned it to isp.mb.com.

I guess what is confusing me is that what I see on the iPhone SE when following the commands under settings does not look like what I find when following the links posted here.

Can I turn off LTE?  Or does PM use it for Voice over LTE?  Also I found a screen for "carrier setting".  It is set to auto so I guess that will get me going.

Can I fill out the account / payment information and activate on July 8th?  Or, will the phone get activated as soon as I complete the form?

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
APN settings are here if you need to add them manually. Unless you plan on using data or MMS, you don't need it.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

@MBNavion There is nothing to set for the SE. If you ever do have a plan with data and it is not connecting the first thing to do is go to Settings >> General >> About; when there if you have a notice for a Carrier update just accept it. This will install all the settings required.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Since you will not have text or data on your plan, you will not need to add or change apn settings. Incoming and outgoing calls will work fine without adding or changing apn settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.