cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 No Service

laith1195
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse but I cannot find any answers anywhere on the forums to my issue. At 8pm I registered my new sim that came in the mail, paid for it and activated my account succesfuly. I was able to login and see that my account is active and working. I even got the confirmation email. I ported my number from wind mobile but just for clarification this is a Koodo unlocked iPhone, I was with kodoo then went to wind and here I am now. It still says no service after roughly three hours and I'm getting worried as to why. I need this phone to work as many people this weekend are relying on my to have it at hand because I am an IBM project consultant manager and this is bad news for me. I placed a support ticket but it's the weekend can you guys please help me?

42 REPLIES 42

@laith1195 Please don't forget to mark your issue as resolved!

MyDoom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i had same problem but re-checked apn setting and realised they changed back

go check your apn and do a full power cycle

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @laith1195, good to hear that your phone is working as expected.  Did you confirm that the porting from Wind is also successful?

laith1195

Hello everyone, after multiple attempts to have this issue resolved, the tech team finally got my service up and running. Admittedly, i was quite skeptical at first that this service was going to be up and running. Lo and behold, they came through all services including LTE is working is it should. All services became fully operational circa Sunday ~5:00PM. Thank you for all the community help from all the members, support and staff. All services are operational, huston, we have lift off.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @laith1195 - Let us know if everything is up and running. 

Hi @7789849803@imm1304@Martin and @vrance - Thanks for being supportive throughout.

I would have to agree with you on the incompetence part of it. In my case (last week), they said 24-72 hours, and after about 48 hours, the port went through. I really hope you don't need to wait that long.

laith1195
This is absolutely unacceptable, the email I got from support mentions that this will be resolved within 72 hours!? This is the most incompetence I have ever had the displeasure of receiving. This issue needs to be resolved within the next 24 hours at the maximum. This has been going on since Friday. I start work tomorrow and I may be out of a job without cell phone service, I NEED THIS please speed it up.

laith1195

laith1195

yes i just did that and i also emailed them back from their original response letting them know of that message of when you call.

@laith1195 wrote:

I just bravo'd your post, they definetly have all the info they need I have given as much as I can through 3 seperate tickets as well as community forum responses. Im sure if they still needed something they would have asked for it by now.

(1) Thanks for Bravo-ing my post. But this is not the same as bravo-ing the idea itself. Please actually click on the link below, which will take you to the idea page. Once there, click on the Upward-pointing arrow in orange to show your support for the idea. If enough people do this, PM will consider it as an option:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

(2) These forum responses will likely not reach the person(people) who is (are) responding to you by email. Make sure you tell them by email that incoming calls are reaching that error message. That piece of information will help them diagnose (and fix) the issue faster. We don't want any further delays before your phone starts working.

laith1195

I just bravo'd your post, they definetly have all the info they need I have given as much as I can through 3 seperate tickets as well as community forum responses. Im sure if they still needed something they would have asked for it by now.

@laith1195 wrote:

Now when you call my phone this is the message "You have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service"

Yeah, this is definitely a provisioning issue in PM's systems. Please make sure you've provided this information to PM's customer support by email. And also, don't forget to "bravo" my idea for PM to provide phone support for complex issues such as this.

laith1195

Now when you call my phone this is the message "You have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service"

@laith1195 wrote:

8. When people call me, they get a message saying the number is in transition and cannot get incoming calls

This is an indication that the problem is indeed with PM. If the device had been activated properly, incoming calls would go through to voicemail with a message that the number is active on PM.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, hope they figure out the workaround. I have requested them to send a response back sooner than later.

laith1195

Thanks you, please try to get back to me asap. I will be here all day on the forums checking every 15 minutes or so.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@laith1195 - I hear you. Just read your latest post and forwarded to the support team to look at. 

laith1195

@Mansi_G I don't even know what to say, in case I didnt make it clear in the other 6-7 posts i made, I checked the sim in two different, unlocked, north american phones. The same message is there that there is NO SERVICE. How can I change the SIM? You want me to order another SIM? Wait another week to go through all this hassle again? Is there really nothing we can do here from your end. I get it, the account is active, why is the SIM not active?

laith1195

I just went ahead and double checked that indeed the last 4 digits of the SIM are the same as the one on my accout.

Things I have done to ensure that its not my phone thats causing the issue:

1. Double checked my IMEI number and three times now it says its compatable (It is a Kodoo North American Iphone, I transferred my services to Wind and now to PM so its not a Koodo to PM switch)

2. Re-inserted the SIM many times, double checked for physical damages but nothing of the sort looked suspicious

3. Tested it out on two other unlocked north american phones, no service as well

4. Double checked that my payment went through, activation was good and even that was confirmed by a public mobile employee

5. Manually tried to connect to the carrier but nothing shows up when I scan for carriers

6. Called Wind Mobile to double check that my number has indeed been transferred over as it is no longer in their data base

7. When trying to make outgoing calls/texts nothing happens, no message because there is no service for it to travel through

8. When people call me, they get a message saying the number is in transition and cannot get incoming calls

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @laith1195 - I checked with Support team, from what it sounds they didn't find any account related issues. They advised to either check the SIM in a different phone or change the SIM in Self Serve and try another SIM.

Yep - sit tight and keep letting them know this is an urgent situation for you and you've tried everything possible with the phone and the SIM - including verifying that the last 4 numbers of the SIM in your phone are the ones shown in your self-serve account.

laith1195
I just responded to it, I was unaware that you could respond to them because usually it's a do not reply sort of deal. I messaged them back hopefully I get the same quality service as you did.

@laith1195 I'm hoping you responded to the email right away. When I was facing this issue last week, their subsequent responses came in within minutes/an hour or so, after I responded to the first email from them.

From the sound of it, @Mansi_G has already escalated your issue, so email support is how your problem will be resolved now. Don't lose patience - I know this has already taken way longer than it should have, and it's causing you a lot of hurt. But stick through it now and keep responding to their emails patiently and they'll figure out a solution for you.

Keep us updated on the progress here, as well.

laith1195
Please, someone help me. I just cannot fathom that it takes this long to activate the cellular service. I understand you guys are swamped but either this has not been activating properly or the SIM card is a defective one. I waited for support and got the most generic answer possible, I don't even think they read any of the information I in the ticket. This is crucial I get service I start back to work tomorrow this is so very urgent!

laith1195
I'm already I got water because I do not have a phone to use. It has been three days and really nothing st least that I see is being done. Clearly there is an underlying issue at hand that needs to be fixed. I payed $140 I need service.

laith1195
I finally received a response from the tech team only to be so disappointed. I have already boiled this situation down to it probably being the SIM card issue or an activation issue through common sense. The agent responded with this

Hello,

Thank you for you e-mail. According to your account, the port-in was complete. You can try the following to resolve the issue.
1-Follow that link to make sure that your phone is compatible with our network http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

2-Power cycle the phone and test(turnoo/power on)

3-Try to put your SIM card in an other phone to see if you got service.

If you have any other question, please let us know.
Regards,
Julie

@laith1195 Sorry this is turning out to be such a pain point for you.

Please "bravo" this idea I've posted that would enable phone support for faster response times to complex issues:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

laith1195
@Mansi_G Hey has there been any updates? Nothing from the tech team yet. Is there any sort of eta? I've pretty much ran out blessings to count.

laith1195
I just removed and reinserted the sim but nothing has happened. The phone recognizes that a sim was removed and another was inserted but it still says no service.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @laith1195 - As mentioned by @imm1304 , No service on phone usually is related to SIM.

Could you please try taking the SIM out and inserting it again?

Meanwhile, I have asked our Support team to look into your account. They will get back to you shortly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.