cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Dropped Calls in Calgary North Central Area

Nicotine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am wondering if anyone in Calgary near the Beacon Hill, Sage Hill, Evanston, Livingston, Nolan Hill, Kincora areas are experience a vast number of dropped calls. The majority of the dropped calls happen in my home (Sage Hill) and I have an old 3G plan (it was working fine until about the last 4 months or so). I recently upgraded from an old Samsung Galaxy phone to an Iphone 15 and I thought all of my dropped calls were because I dropped my Samsung often and maybe the old girl just need to be put out to pasture. With my new Iphone, I am experiencing the same issue and it is really frustrating. I tried my daughters phone too, and it dropped a call too. PM told me it is because I am on a discount carrier (lower priority) and also because we are in a notoriously bad area for coverage. They explained they are doing upgrades to improve coverage in these known "trouble spots" and hopefully by fall and the improvements Telus is making, it should help alot.

Please let me know if your experiencing the same frustration as I am and if you found anything to help with the dropped calls. Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

Tom222333444555

I'm just updating this thread. After many hours of trying, my public mobile experiment is done. PM is fine for Text and data, but they dropped the ball on voice calls. This isn't stable enough for people that are doing business calls or serious calls that require stability. I'm going to Rogers 5G 100gig unlimited plan for $45

Good luck with all your future efforts

Tom

Nicotine

What a hassle. I totally get it.

AlexNikolaev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on the same page. I've changed my phone and SIM to eSIM. Unfortunately, I'll have to change PM to something else.

Nicotine

Hi Tom 222,

Sorry to hear this is your issue too. I think it is lousy that Public doesn't explain to its customers WHY they are a discount provider and dropped calls are part of paying less. I can't recall the fine print, but it is probably somewhere...sigh...

Tom222333444555

I'm in southern Ontario and constant dropped calls here too

Nicotine

Hi there,

Oh no, sorry to hear you’re having a frustrating experience too !! My calls last longer than a minute but there is no pattern for when or where the calls will drop off. The customer service agent called me and told me that because we are on the discount plan, we get discount service. When the system gets bogged down, we get bumped off and calls are dropped. I know we are getting more and more people in the City and this makes higher demands on towers. So, this is just an unfortunate reality and if I don’t see some improvements, I may have to consider an alternative provider. At this point I’m glad I have a cheap plan because I’d be angry if I was paying more to get this kind of service!!

Kristof2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,
exactly the same story here in Wildwood. It started a few months ago. Today it is very bad, a call will last no longer that a minute. I thought it may be my phone. Have you solved your problem?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Nicotine 

Here is a link to check your area of any ongoing issues. Just enter your address. 

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

If you are experiencing the same issues in other phones, it could be a faulty SIM card. You can of course create a ticket to let Public Mobile know there are issues.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716587215217.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.