cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 can receive calls and can use wifi but my data won't work

elle112
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently activated my SIM card and works in my iPhone 4 I can receive texts and calls and also the wifi works but when I am out of range of wifi I have no data available I have the 2 g plan . I saw the post regarding apn settings but do not have more than one field to change I do not see the more than apn and hotspot please help I am so frustrated

6 REPLIES 6

@elle112,

Android is better.

Apple have too much restrictions. They control what they want on your phone.

Can you try from your iPhone browser the iPhone APN changer.

Click on  http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ and follow instructions.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You can get data to work on i4 if you know how. Private msg me if you want the steps.

elle112
Thank u again for ur help I was able to update to 7.1.2 iOS what a scam stupid apple I'm really disappointed that the pm customer service reps ( spoke with many ) told me not to worry all will work fine I can't believe this I'll have to go back to android again. . . So I'm without a data plan . :((

@elle112,

iPhone 4 cannot update to iOS 8.3. Only iPhone 4s and newer can update to iOS 8.3

Apple products are so bad...

elle112
So thank u for the help I will have to update to iOS newest one because I do not have all those fields available . Will it work for sure ? I know it's presumptuous to ask that but I won't understand why they allowed me to activate my new sim without telling me I would have no data

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@elle112,

In order to have functionnal MMS and DATA (internet), you need to configure your APN. However, some iPhone 4 and older have not access to that options.

If it's not possible to edit your APN, then you need to update your iOS version to 8.3 (current version from Apple).

Step-by-step APN configuration :

English version

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Internet tethering could be also shown as Personal Hotspot

If I answered your question, please accept my post, as the solution.

Need Help? Let's chat.