cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to transfer my phone number to lucky mobile

benoitbou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i received a eversafe confirmation code but where i enter it? is it how to transfer it?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @benoitbou  

so , is your PM service active? you can receive inbound calls and text?

just get the PM account number and then request porting from Lucky

But why you go with Lucky? it is cheaper to stay with PM

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

They do it for you, @benoitbou 

You simply respond "YES" to the port authorization request to permit Public Mobile to release your number to them.  Of course, you need the Public Mobile SIM card in your device to do this and the service to be active.

The rest is up to Lucky Mobile.

Good luck!!!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Once your start port process at lucky be sure to keep PM sim card in phone so you receive text from PM confirming you want to port . You will have 90 mins to reply YES to the text . Then your port should be complete and pop in you lucky mobile SIM card and your PM account will automatically close from there 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@benoitbou did you start the tranfser process from Lucky?

the Eversafe confirmation code is just for login My Account

you should get a different text from PM IF you started the porting request from Lucky

Here are some more details about the text and the porting out procedure

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/porting-out

Make sure that you respond to this text within 90 minutes. If you do not receive this SMS or you do not respond within the 90 minute window, make up to 4 additional attempts to send it. If you are still experiencing any difficulties, reach out to a Customer Support Agent here (  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 )

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.