cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm planning to travel to south korea

S2_S2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm planning to travel to korea, so i'm gonna change my plan like $10 + international calling.

so i wonder, the international calling add on is included "incoming & outgoing" or just incoimg or outgoing?

i might have a really important phone call when i'm outside of canada.

So i really want to make sure on this information.

thank you so much

9 REPLIES 9

@S2_S2 wrote:

Thank you so much

I gotta go to switch mobile company or plans 🙂

Did you consider forwarding to VoIP?

If you get textNow they will give you free Canadian phone number that you can use on WiFi or data and you could just forward to it. This way if you have data plan overseas you will still receive your calls. If you switch to$15 plan and don't expect to many calls while away you still can save. If you worry about limit you can buy $5 add-on that will stay with you until you use it up

PS you should look into getting local sim while there, we in Canada have the most expensive phone service as is and roaming on top will likely be painful. Check out the boards and try to connect with somebody who already went to get some advice

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@S2_S2 wrote:

Thank you so much

If you want to receive calls on your number you have to switch to any of the major Canadian Post paid providers or there flanker brands such as Fido, Koodo or Virgin where they let you use your Canadian Plan in another country from $7 or so to $12 or so Per Day. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is only roaming in the US.  You could buy a long distance calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, Whatsapp, Textnow, or Fongo.

S2_S2

Thank you so much

chukdefatey

@S2_S2 wrote:

Ahh then... there is no way i can keep using this phone number ? 

You can. Switch to a Postpaid Provider where they let you use your plan in another country from $7 or so to $12 or so per day. 

S2_S2

Ahh then... there is no way i can keep using this phone number ? 

chukdefatey

@S2_S2 wrote:

I'm planning to travel to korea, so i'm gonna change my plan like $10 + international calling.

so i wonder, the international calling add on is included "incoming & outgoing" or just incoimg or outgoing?

thank you so much

Roaming is a term used all over the world since cell phone came into existence. Why would you assume your local plan from one country work in another. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@S2_S2 wrote:

thank you so much

The international calling is only valid while you are in Canada.

There is no South Korea roaming add-on.

You need to get a local SIM card when you arrive.

Need Help? Let's chat.