Did you mean: 

how to activate

AQcounity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new number for free or fees 

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I don't see anything about a port or bringing over a number from another provider in this question, but maybe that is the case.

@AQcounity - the phone number you choose when you activate a public mobile sim card is not really free, in that, you need to pay for a 30 day plan ahead of time each cycle you want to use it. So the phone number comes with the account and plan, which you gotta pay for to receive services.

Once you become a Public customer, Public Mobile does offer free changing of phone numbers 4 times every 30 days, if you wish to do so.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

After you buy a PM sim you have to start your PM account. You'll select and pay for your new regular plan then either select a new number or start process of porting the old number to PM.

The PM sim cards are usually $10...otherwise there's no additional costs to port your number to PM.

@mo1979ca    There is no fee to transfer (port over) your number from another carrier.

mo1979ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you buy your SIM you get a free number that comes with the activation. And if you want to keep your old number from a different carrier it a fee that comes with it I believe it round 25 bucks or so. My advice get the new number. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Do you have a cell plan with a different provider now ? You're wanting to start a Public Mobile account and bring your old number ...is that correct ?

Here's some instructions to get you started...

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AQcounity   the only "fee" for activation is to get a PM sim card.

you can get it from Telus or Koodo store or from Amzon..  Other than that, it's free

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@AQcounity hi there are no fees for porting in your number you can port during the activation of your account or you can do it in your self serve after you activate, your old account must be active in order to transfer your number 

Need Help? Let's chat.