cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my account

Niki_Morgan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have a big problem I missed my payment and my phone was shut off. Its been so long since I needed to log into Public that I forgot my password. I reset my password for Public Mobile but it wants to send me an email to authenticate me. But the email associated with the account has been deactivated (even longer story). I submitted a ticket but I was wondering if anything else can be done outside of leaving Public to a different carrier. I have a high risk  pregnancy and have weekly phone appointments with doctors. I need to access my account so I can reactivate my phone

8 REPLIES 8

Niki_Morgan

Thank you so much! I called 611 and everything works now!

@Niki_Morgan     Purchase a voucher first, whether from a retailer or online vendor, and pay via the 611 service which will allow you plenty of time to sort the login issue. 

Usually, the response from CSA's shouldn't take more than couple of hours after submitting a ticket unless they're dealing with a higher volume of tickets than normal in which case it could take longer for them to respond to you, so that's why we've all suggested to buy a voucher and get your account activated first rather than waiting until you hear back.  Good luck!

It's the problem with waiting for a response. Just do the voucher suggestion, get your services working again, and then you can use the sms option to reset your password.

Niki_Morgan

I have a ticket open but I have not gotten a response yet. And I am getting worried 

mo1979ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1st I believe you need to open an new email I would check it at least once a month. 2nd only real option is to open a claim ticket and see what SIMon says. 3rd you can probably go to Walmart or Costco and try to get a "free" phone on a 2 year plan with a company like Telus public mobile parent company. 4th is to order a different sim. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Niki_Morgan   To reactivate the account, go to a retailer/gas station, London Drugs, SDM, 7/11 or Shell and get a voucher and load by dialing 611 on your phone.  You can also get a voucher from online vendor recharge.com for an extra fee for the convenience.

@Niki_Morgan wrote:

Hello, 

I have a big problem I missed my payment and my phone was shut off. Its been so long since I needed to log into Public that I forgot my password. I reset my password for Public Mobile but it wants to send me an email to authenticate me. But the email associated with the account has been deactivated (even longer story). I submitted a ticket but I was wondering if anything else can be done outside of leaving Public to a different carrier. I have a high risk  pregnancy and have weekly phone appointments with doctors. I need to access my account so I can reactivate my phone

To make a payment without needing to get into your Self Serve account, a Public Mobile voucher from participating a store.  Recharge.com is also an option. Then use 611 to add it to your account.  That might be faster to get your service working again before hearing back from a CSA.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Niki_Morgan hi if you submitted a ticket they shouldn't be to long getting back to you check your envelope top right corner for a reply 

Need Help? Let's chat.