cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I block a spam text message number

240Chris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I RECEIVED A SCAM TEXT MESSAGE THAT RESULTED IN LOST MONEY.  HOW DO I BLOCK AND REPORT THAT NUMBER?

6 REPLIES 6

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For text : Do not open any link in the msg unless the sender is known to you. three dots->details-> under Options -> block and report as spam.

For spam calls: I have my number registered in 'National Do Not Call' list but that is not even 50% effective.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@240Chris 

You will want to report this matter to the police, blocking their number on your phone can be done additionally if you so desire.

@240Chris 

If you lost money by being scammed you may want to report your crime to the Canadian Anti-fraud Centre and your local police.

Curious, I found this: about reporting to 7726.

Report spam text messages sent to your smartphone - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Does that still work on PM and Telus?

@240Chris wrote:

I RECEIVED A SCAM TEXT MESSAGE THAT RESULTED IN LOST MONEY.  HOW DO I BLOCK AND REPORT THAT NUMBER?

Public Mobile doesn't offer a service that customers can access to add numbers to a list to block specific messages.  In your text messaging app, you can usually block any future text messages from a sepcific phone number by tapping and holding on the conversation preview and selecting the block (sometimes look like a do not enter symbol) option.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@240Chris You can block message from specific numbers easily on both Android and iPhone.  However, scammers will use different numbers so it's hard to block them.

Also, what was the story of the scammer caused money lost?  depends on what did they do , you might report to different places.  However, i don't think you can report to PM for that

Need Help? Let's chat.