cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how come some numbers don't receive my text?

jbredenhof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mom & brother both have public mobile as well, and for some reason we each have a person on our contact list that don't receive our texts but it is random (my brother has a friend who never gets his texts, but my mom can text that friend no problem. My mom cannot text one of her contacts- it looks like the text goes out fine, but the person doesn't receive it). Wonder if others have that problem 

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jbredenhof In reference to @hTideGnow's  post....clear your messaging app's cache. If the texting thread with those contacts and you or your mom etc...have are really long or contain a lot of MMS delete the entire thread ( back them up to your Google account if they contain info you don't want to lose? Delete the contact and readd them as a contact. And of course reboot your phone before you add them back.

jbredenhof

I was thinking maybe others on Public Mobil have the same problem as 3 in our family have it but maybe it is just us 🙂 thanks.

jbredenhof

we have androids, i will try find what you are referring to and give it a try

jbredenhof

thanks, sorry i wasn't clear, I'm just referring to regular texts.. all text as normal except one person on my list doesn't seem to get my texts even though i would get their texts. My brother and mom both have that with one contact as well (not the same one)

jbredenhof

thanks, we will try that as we have android phones

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jbredenhof 

if they  have Android, try to clear cache

And I believe  the contact who didn't receive the text is one of the contract in the address book. Try to delete the contact, and delete the old chats with that contact.  Then just manually enter the number to start a new text and check if it works 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jbredenhof 

What colour are the chat bubbles in the messages? Light blue? Dark blue? Green?

"Which one of these is different from the others?"

💬💭🗨?

Agree @pmbc 

The same types of issues can occur between Android to Android users with the "chat" feature. 

Myself and another Android user each played around with chat settings on our respective Android devices and found that some messages were held up or not received at all.  

We eventually just went back to good old SMS and abandoned chat altogether.

It's not as reliable as iPhone's iMessage IMHO.  (which I, too, am for part of my day)

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jbredenhof I think it'd help if you can identify what platform you and your family are on and what these contacts are using if you know.  Sometimes there can be issues with iPhones registering imessage properly. eg. sometimes iPhones aren't recognized as iphones and as @HALIMACS has identified turning imessage off and on may re-register properly.  A little more info can help to narrow this down hopefully.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jbredenhof 

The most likely culprit is the use of RCS messaging.

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 
  2. tap 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,
  2. tap Messages,
  3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

Need Help? Let's chat.