cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going to us, only need data

mtlbelle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going to the us, i only need data, does the us roaming work there? I read voice call won't work well, but how about data? 

9 REPLIES 9

@mtlbelle  What brand and model of phone is yours?

mtlbelle

I went to the t-mobile website and entered the IMEI number and it says non campatible.

How do you conclude that the phone is not compatible with T-Mobile? What is the make and model? As mentioned, if it works here it really should work there. Does your phone have LTE/4G capability? If not then no it won't work.

@mtlbelle wrote:

orlando, only for 7 days, i don't need phone calls, only wifi. Besides, my phone is not campatible with t-mobile, can i still connect to their network for data?

HI@mtlbelle   if you phone not compatible with T-Mobile, then don't buy roaming, it won't work.  You must connect to T-Mobile

but if you phone works in PM, it should work on T-Mobile.

or you can use local data prepaid sim card if you want, 

@mtlbelle 

It is your SIM that will connect to T-Mobile once you are in the USA and no it does cause a problem with wifi. You can connect to the hotel wifi once you are there.

Here is the T-mobile coverage map:

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map 

mtlbelle

orlando, only for 7 days, i don't need phone calls, only wifi. Besides, my phone is not campatible with t-mobile, can i still connect to their network for data?

mtlbelle

I'm going to orlando. my phone is not compatible with T-Mobile, does it cause a problem for wifi? i don't need phone calls.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mtlbelle 

If you are just going short term, the PM USA Roaming plan would be your best bet but it depends if there is T- Mobile network where you are staying.

If you are staying long term…a month or more. Purchase a Tello or Mint mobile SIM.

But if you can get WiFi where you are staying. You can use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free wifi calling and texting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mtlbelle   Roaming data is relatively easy to connect, you just need to connect to T-Mobile LTE network.  So, it should be good.  

Which state and city you are going?  And worst case, PM will usually be willing to reverse the transaction if the roaming does not work out well

Need Help? Let's chat.