cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting cell phone up and running

mlhubbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have a SIM card from Public #89122 xxxxxxxxxxx and have tried to register for a plan ($15) using my Visa card, but it failed; don't know why; what can i do now?

20 REPLIES 20

@mlhubbs - did you enter your payment details at any point?

If so, insert your SIM card, restart the phone and see if you have any services.

Also, you can try to log into My Account, if you can, then the SIM card is activated.

If you past the payment section, but still having issues, try the sim into another phone.

If still issues submit a ticket with CSA to inquire about the activation.

Two ways to contact CSA

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support agents=CSA) by clicking here:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR
2- Private message CSA here (slower method) by clicking here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If no, charges were made on your credit card and you didn't pass the payment section, you can try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance:
https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

@mlhubbs DO NOT try activate again for now.  PM might have got the money from you already  First, Check your credit card to confirm

Error 821 usually comes when  your entere IMEI for porting details but the system expects account number from your old provider.  

If PM already charged you, open ticket wirh PM support by message them to get it sorted out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

if PM didn't get the money from you, then try  activate again by provideing account number of your old provider instead 

mlhubbs

i'm in Incognito, but still can't activate/pay for my sim card with my Visa credit card; keep getting Error 821

@esjliv   i don't think they will enter the credit card and help activation.  It would be already nice if they can check the system and find out what was wrong.  

for the Sim number, if OP can still enter in the activation portal and got pass step 1, then the sim card is still unactivated

So you don't think they would be able to enter the credit card details more efficiently on their end @softech  ?

Or, even ensure the SIM OP has was not activated yet?

@esjliv   since this is a true activation issue, I hope activation  chat could really help  But from all the stories I heard, all activation chatline does is to ask people to come to to Community and raise the question here.. 

@mlhubbs  - were any of them charged, by any chance?

Maybe use this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Sorry, they are closed now...but an option for the morning?

HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00am - 8:00pm EST

@mlhubbs 

you use browser from your moblie or computer.   then some other customer is has a issue with browser so one page inPrivate mode, or  incognito,

but can you check your credit card is be charge, if not yet,,, then try different machine. 

or use the link in above to contact to CSA.

@mlhubbs   Since you tried multiple times with different credit cards, I think you really need to check with PM Support to see if they can find out the problem.

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

@mlhubbs wrote:

i just get a message in red saying it can't process card info and to check it again...

If you try too many times and fail to complete the process, your card will be locked out by the system.  If so you need CSA support to unlock the card and complete the process.  Links were provided on how to contact a CSA.  Private mode on a browser is also referred to as incognito mode where there are no cookies and cache at play which often bungs up the process.  

@mlhubbs wrote:

PM has not charged me; tried all 3 credit cards got same message, in red;

don't know what incognito mode means

Try using a different browser if you have them installed on your device, Edge/Firefox/Chrome

Or for Incognito mode,   click on the menu on the upper right - it's the three vertical dots - and select New Incognito Window from the list.  

Incognito mode is a private mode of the browser, it could solve cache related issue, which could be a cause to your case

If you still unable to activate, try to open ticket with PM Support for assistance

mlhubbs

PM has not charged me; tried all 3 credit cards got same message, in red;

don't know what incognito mode means

mlhubbs

i just get a message in red saying it can't process card info and to check it again...

mlhubbs

don't understand what you're telling me to do

What kind of error do you get?

PM is a little picky when entering CC info. It has to be exactly as on CC statement.

Type your address exactly as from your billing statement

Don't use a space in the postal code

Use ALL CAPS if necessary

Try activating using computer and not phone.

If you tried too many times you might have triggered fraud lock. In that case if another (last) attempt does not work for you, let say in 2 hours, contact agent for assistance.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Watch for envelope in top right corner. It will show Number of unread emails.

@mlhubbs 

tried use browser from computer, and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

mlhubbs

i've tried all 3 of my credit cards -- Visa, MasterCard, and Amex -- but the site won't accept any of them?? what can i do now????

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mlhubbs   It looks to me it was your credit card issue.  I do not think your SIM card was activated and hence I doubt PM has charged you.

Please check your credit card and confirm that PM has not charged you yet, then you can try to activate again using Incognito mode or another browser (Edge/Firefox/Chrome).  If possible, also use another credit card if you have one

Also, if you request porting in your old number.  Please enter the Account number of your old provider and do not use IMEI #.  IMEI # can cause some problem in the activation portal

If you get another error, please post the screenshot with the error code

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@mlhubbs 

check your credit card is be charged, 

if not charged yet then tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mlhubbs   Please remove your SIM Card number!!!

it is dangerous to post on line

Go back to your post, click the 3 dots and select Edit message and remove it

Need Help? Let's chat.