cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Haha, thread merge, I was indeed late to this party.

So it looks like some people (like me with a Limited Talk plan) receive 1GB + 1000 minutes, some people (with Unlimited Talk plans) receive as much as 5GB ... and some people apparently aren't receiving any gift at all?

@shiven23 , this offer has been discussed quite a bit.  It is a targeted promo.  

Not even necessary to do any of that, just sit back in your easy chair and wait for the text message to arrive! Oh  and if you aren't in BC or Alberta, you need to move.

AE_Collector

@shiven23 wrote:

YES, THAT'S TRUE, I JUST GOT 5 GB OF FREE DATA AFTER PORTING MY PLAN. IF YOU HAVE A SMALL MONTHLY PLAN IF YOU OPT A BIGGER PLAN PUBLIC MOBILE WILL SEND YOU A FREE OFFER OF 5GB DATA.

LATER YOU CAN CANCEL THE PLAN CHANGE REQUEST 🙂

@shiven23 great happy for you!!!

shiven23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

YES, THAT'S TRUE, I JUST GOT 5 GB OF FREE DATA AFTER PORTING MY PLAN. IF YOU HAVE A SMALL MONTHLY PLAN IF YOU OPT A BIGGER PLAN PUBLIC MOBILE WILL SEND YOU A FREE OFFER OF 5GB DATA.

LATER YOU CAN CANCEL THE PLAN CHANGE REQUEST 🙂

@jukos wrote:

I am in Ontario and received 5GB offer...so not just BC and Alberta as some keep saying.

You are in Ontario with an Ontario Area Code? And you have never had a BC or ALberta number associated with your account?

AE_Collector

@jukos The Alberta and British Columbia information has been provided by Public Mobile.

jukos

I am in Ontario and received 5GB offer...so not just BC and Alberta as some keep saying.

jukos

Not sure if this is a regional offer...I have 5 accounts and only one was gifted. It certainly seems to be causing some confusion as things have played out with this offer...

jukos

...maybe but my daughter got 5GB and she only has the 1GB plan which is not really the same kind of user as a 9GB user....

deserttraveler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in BC, my friend is in Alberta. My plan is 50 dollars a month with 8gb of data. I just tried texting YES to 5179. I haven't seen a reply yet.

jukos

Thank you for confirming this Julia!

gigapus

FWIW, all 3 PM lines in my house got it. 

@darlicious 

lol, the tan-coloured text is from last year. Not sure why my phone decided it was a "recent" message, I posted it because I thought it was relevant. Will edit it out. [Edit: Have edited it out.]

The blue-coloured text is from yesterday. Coincidentally(?) dated exactly one year after I created that account and phone number with PM.

@gpixel 

Dont hold your breath.....thats the text from last year's free gift in August.

@Korth 

You're a little late to the party....but its nice to live in lotusland.

@Korth well then, you must have deserved those gifts.  Did you?  lol

Congratulations!

@shep22 wrote:

Yes out west, people in the east are left out again first Quebec now out west maybe Public doesn’t want our busine

This offer wouldn't be valid in Quebec because it's in English, lol. 🙄

Eister

I’m in BC, received the text offer and confirmation when I replied yes. However my partner, also on the same $15. plan did not receive a text.  

His phone is an oldie and doesn’t always connect, so incase he just missed his text I tried texting yes to 5179.....no response.
My daughter, separate household on the $25. plan, as of Sat. has not received a text either.
So I’m thinking it must just be offered randomly.  

@Korth interesting, I'll be waiting for this extra GB 👍. maybe this promo is being offered to all customers

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Korth @Yes out west, people in the east are left out again first Quebec now out west maybe Public doesn’t want our business

Yes @Korth  it a legitimate offer. Stay safe.

@Korth Yes sounds like you are one of the lucky ones out west!!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200822-131727.png

@gigapus Send a text message to 5179 saying YES. It doesn't matter if the incoming messages was deleted. Public Mobile has no way of knowing that.

Yes if you scroll backwards in this topic you will see mention of what to text to where mentioned numerous times. Even my post immediately before you posted shows An example of the message received, what you need to send and the number to send it to.

AE_Collector

gigapus

My daughter deleted the text with the offer, is there any way to get the bonus without it?

@RM4 wrote:

I'm in BC $15 plan only received 1GB, no extra minutes...

Are you saying this is not the offer you received? And you are talking about the offer, not what has been added to your account, correct? I haven't looked at my account because I assume nothing will happen there until next week at the earliest.

6F3A3855-5CB2-40EA-8091-CD2E3C1A127B.jpeg

SJYokel

They are all BC numbers

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @Julia_T for confirming this was a legit offer. I was concerned that it might be a scam and didn’t reply to the text until I saw your confirmation on this forum. Very grateful to Public Mobile for the offers (all the people I know on Public Mobile received one of the two offers), but wish there was a way to confirm the sender truly is Public Mobile, since text phishing scams are now officially a ‘thing’.

ryanan

I am in BC. I did not receive the offer.

Tried text YES to 5179,  but did not get confirmation.

I am a former freedom mobile customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.