fidomiru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get this deal

I am with public mobile can I still get the deal

7 REPLIES 7

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Handy1 that's unfortunate.

@Priority  Only you can’t transfer number from one PM account to another . So porting only way that work 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fidomiru wrote:

How do I get this deal

I am with public mobile can I still get the deal

@fidomiru - the only plans you are able to change to ones showing in your 'Change Subscription' area: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-plan

If you don't see it there, then it is for new activations only, or not available in your area.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could make another Account with another email and temporary Number to secure that Plan, since it's only available for new Activations at this time.

After the Account is created, contact the Customer Service Agent and ask them to bring the number from your other Account over to the New one and close the old one. 

That would work, but it's a little bit of a complicated process (however it's better than paying to Port out and back in.)

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MetaMorpheusMob wrote:

Possible but is it worth the Risk and headache?

Shortly we will be told it's Impossible due to  system limitations. 

Well, I hope PM would prefer this over customer churn caused by porting out to another provider and then porting back in. This way, the revenue is kept within PM for both the old line until it is cancelled and the newly activated line. If a customer were not partial to their existing phone number, activating a new number under a new email address qualifies as a new activation. Either way, it keeps a customer happy and keeps a customer in service with PM. When I worked in wireless, we used to do dummy swaps for a scenario like this all the time. I'm a dinosaur now, so maybe customer churn isn't a concern anymore? 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @fidomiru , Another option would be to start a new subscription/phone number using an alternate email address. If you do this, keep in mind you'll be paying for two lines temporarily until the end of the billing cycle for your current subscription, and there are no refunds for unused service. If you need to keep the same phone number, you can then submit a ticket to customer service before the end of the billing cycle, with a request to swap your number onto the new line/new account (they call this a "dummy" swap in the wireless industry). PM should prefer this method over having you port out and back in just to take advantage of a better plan. Technically, setting up a new subscriber line with a new email address is a new activation. Hope this helps.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@fidomiru  Sorry that specific plan is only for new activations 

but you can get the 40GB for $45 5G unlimited plan . Just make plan change for next renewal and not immediately or you lose money in current cycle @fidomiru 

Need Help? Let's chat.