esim

willy6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how to test if my iphone is  compatible to esim

8 REPLIES 8

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@willy6 

It's not esim compatible due to the model.

You can acquire a public mobile physical SIM card at a corporate Telus or Koodo location. It's a good idea to call ahead first to make sure they have them in stock.

HALIMACS_0-1716909731409.png

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pick-up-SIM

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@willy6 @Phil_Adelphus @HALIMACS 

FYI, when I purchased my first ESIM for an international trip, I learned to test for eSIM compatibility by typing *#06# on the phone dial pad. This causes the phone to display a bunch of information about your phone. If a 32-digit "EID" number is displayed, then the phone should be ESIM compatible.  YMMV. Good luck.

@HALIMACS  According to @willy6  's other thread it's an iPhone 8, so not esim capable.  @willy6  will need to get a physical sim instead.  Although I'm not sure why the phone is working - perhaps it still has the old provider's sim?

willy6

dont understand . where is my sim manamger?

In your sim manager make sure your correct e Sim slot is being used for public mobile services.

The above is presuming you got through to the payment stage and your payment was successfully withdrawn from your credit card.

willy6

the phone is Iphone 8

thanks for the quick response

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@willy6  It should be if it is iPhone XR/XS or newer.

willy6

I set up my iphone yesterday ...my phone is working but in my settings in cellular no esim is indicated. it asked me to add one but not luck says "unable to activate esim . you can try again or try to contact your carrier for assistance.

thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.